This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. Thank you for helping me feed (haha...get it..."feed"...nevermind) my ice cream addiction (and support my site so I can keep giving you free recipes).
Credits for this great easy recipe go to my 12-year-old sister, Katelyn. One night I challenged her to make me a Fuel Pull snack (both low-carb and low-fat) using some of my Light Rye Wasa crackers, and this is what she brought me. I recreated it later with measurements for the blog. Since I like my chicken salad sweet and spicy, my measurements reflect that; but feel free to adjust everything to your own taste and add extra seasonings if you so desire!
This chicken salad takes only 5 ingredients! (To see more 5-ingredient wonders, click here.) It’s a great thing to have on hand for a quick snack or lunch. Trim Healthy Mamas (click here to find out more about the plan), this chicken salad is Fuel Pull. I like to eat it on two Light Rye Wasa crackers (as pictured) with dill pickles for a quick Fuel Pull snack. You could also put it on a Joseph’s pita or half a lavash bread with lettuce, dill pickles, and a Lite Laughing Cow cheese wedge or small amount of lite mozzarella for a Fuel Pull sandwich.
I used homemade Greek yogurt in this recipe for a milder flavor. If you’d like to learn how to make your own Greek yogurt, check out this tutorial I made!
People with allergies: this buffalo chicken salad is gluten free, egg free, and nut free. However, the Wasa crackers and other serving suggestions may or may not be allergy-friendly. Check your packaging carefully for information.
Question of the day (comment below): what’s your favorite quick snack?
You can find this recipe in my cookbook, Necessary Food.
- 1 cup cooked, cubed chicken breast
- ⅓ cup low-fat/fat-free Greek yogurt (I used homemade for a milder flavor, and fat-free sour cream would probably work as well)
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 doonks THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder
- 2 tsp. hot sauce
- Optional: garlic powder/crushed garlic, dill weed, additional seasonings
- For serving (optional): 2 Light Rye Wasa crackers/person, Joseph's pita, lettuce, dill pickles, Lite Laughing Cow Cheese
- Combine all chicken salad ingredients and adjust to taste. I like my chicken salad sweet and spicy, so the ingredient amounts reflect that.
- I like to eat this chicken salad with two Light Rye Wasa crackers and dill pickles for a Fuel Pull snack. For lunch you could put it in a Joseph's pita with lettuce, dill pickles, and a Lite Laughing Cow cheese wedge or a small amount of lite mozzarella (also Fuel Pull).
- THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder can be purchased at the Trim Healthy Mama online store.
- Wasa Light Rye Crackers
- Joseph’s Low-carb Lavash Bread
Don't forget to subscribe via email so you never miss a post! There's a sign up thingy in the sidebar to your right if you're on desktop, or it may be at the bottom of the page if you're on mobile. You can also follow me on Facebook and Pinterest!