This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. Thanks for helping me feed (haha...get it..."feed"...nevermind) my ice cream addiction (and support my site so I can keep giving you free recipes).
I could count on one hand the number of times I have eaten chicken alfredo. My family has just never really been into pasta dishes. The first time I had chicken alfredo was a couple of years ago when I was working a summer job in Ohio. My cousin Brandon was working with me, and he happens to be an amazing chef. Brandon is a chicken alfredo guru; he judges the quality of a restaurant by the quality of its chicken alfredo. One Sunday when my grandparents were invited to someone’s home to eat after church, Brandon and I were on our own for lunch, so he made me my first chicken alfredo. I think there was a whole stick of butter in two servings worth of alfredo. No wonder it was so good. No wonder I gained ten pounds that summer.
This creamy chicken alfredo is my take on the classic. It’s lightened up quite a lot from the version Brandon fed me, but it’s creamily delicious and family approved. I served it over a bed of zoodles (zucchini noodles) for a delicious low carb entrée.
Did you see the recipe I posted on Tuesday? It’s a delicious 4-ingredient entrée that boasts lots of bacon! Included in the post is a giveaway of a scrumptious Mediterranean spice rub, so go check it out and enter to win!
So what do you guys think of the new THM Blogger Test Kitchen? Are you enjoying it? We bloggers have been trying to add new stuff every day – recipes (both old and new), helpful tips, selfies (Jen is great at this…haha), holiday recipe suggestions, sharing threads, you name it! Do you have any ideas for stuff you’d like to see happening over there? Let me know in the comments below and I’ll pass your ideas on to the other admins of the group!
And while I’m passing out random information…I’m going to be finally switching my web hosting at the beginning of next week. I am so excited to be making this switch, and I hope that it will provide a more consistent, faster performance. My site might be down for a little bit while we’re doing the migration, so if you know you’re going to need a specific recipe next week, please print it out this week!
Pages/posts you might enjoy:
- all my entrée recipes in a snazzy picture index
- Starting THM
- Parmesan Chicken Tenders
- Mac and Cheese
You can find this recipe in my cookbook, Necessary Food.
- 5 T salted butter
- 2 tsp. crushed garlic
- 1½ tsp. black pepper
- 3 lb. chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk (or carton coconut milk for a nut free version)
- ½ cup cottage cheese
- ½ tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese (green can kind)
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic salt
- Prepared zoodles for serving (see Note below)
- Heat the butter in an electric skillet. Add the garlic and black pepper and sauté until the butter is browned. Add the chicken and sauté until just cooked through.
- Meanwhile, blend the almond milk, cottage cheese, and xanthan gum until smooth. When the chicken is done, add the blended mixture, cream, and parmesan and simmer until heated through and the cheese is melted. Do not let the sauce come to a boil.
- Garnish the chicken alfredo with Italian seasoning and serve over zoodles. Provide garlic salt for individual seasoning. Yields 9-10 servings