This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. Thanks for helping me feed (haha...get it..."feed"...nevermind) my ice cream addiction (and support my site so I can keep giving you free recipes).
Another Fuel Pull waffle? You betcha! This yummy mocha waffle slides in on the lighter side with no significant sources of carbs or fats, making it a Fuel Pull recipe for Trim Healthy Mamas. Joining the Fuel Pull waffle ranks with Mr. PB&J Protein and Ms. Strawberry Shortcake, Mocha is a great way to eat a filling, healthy breakfast while switching up your calorie load and making your body delve into its own fat stores for energy.
Check out the recipe below for topping options. You can stay in Fuel Pull mode with a small amount of reduced-fat cream cheese and some sugar-free syrup, or you can go all out with the cream cheese and add some sugar-free chocolate chips for a THM:S version reminiscent of a mocha chip muffin. (Speaking of which, that’s going to have to join the stack of recipe ideas. Sounds like a promising muffin in a mug to me.) Add some sliced banana and low-fat cottage cheese on top for a THM:E breakfast.
Since I’m not much of a coffee drinker, you may want to add some extra instant coffee for a stronger flavor. Your choice. I also tend to err on the not-so-sweet side, so some extra sweetener like some THM Super Sweet Blend or THM Gentle Sweet may be a welcome addition for you.
Comment below and tell me which topping options would be your favorite!
As always, check out the Notes section of the recipe for extra info. Check out the links in and below the recipe to see the products I use and recommend. Some of the links included in the recipe and blog post are affiliate links, which means that if you make purchases through these links, I make a small commission to help defray the costs of running this blog (at no extra charge to you). Thanks for your help!
You may also enjoy:
- Starting THM
- my recipe index
- my recipes grouped by fuel type, allergy info, and theme
- all my recipes using my baking mix
- all my waffle recipes
- 2½ T. Briana's Baking Mix*
- 2½ tsp. instant coffee granules (or more, to taste)
- 2 tsp. cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ⅛ tsp. xanthan gum
- 1/16 tsp. salt
- 1/16 tsp. (2 doonks) THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder (or more, to taste)
- 3 T. egg whites
- 2 T. low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 T. water
- Fuel Pull: low-fat cottage cheese, 1 T. reduced-fat cream cheese, sugar-free syrup, sugar-free chocolate syrup
- S: cream cheese, Lily's chocolate chips, 85% dark chocolate (and any of the Fuel Pull options)
- E: sliced banana (and any of the Fuel Pull options)
- Whisk the dry ingredients, then add the wet ingredients and whisk again. Taste and add more coffee and sweetener if desired. Bake in a well-greased waffle iron (it will take a little longer than a normal waffle), top with your choice of toppings, and enjoy!
- Briana’s Baking Mix recipe
- THM Baking Blend
- Xanthan gum (Amazon)
- Xanthan Gum (iHerb)
- THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder
- Lily’s stevia-sweetened chocolate (Amazon)