This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. Thank you for helping me feed (haha...get it..."feed"...nevermind) my ice cream addiction (and support my site so I can keep giving you free recipes).
First published 3/8/14. Recipe and pictures updated 11/3/15. I changed the name to “Strawberry Cheesecake Whiteout” on 12.6.16, but the recipe is the same as before.
This is a replica of one of my other favorite DQ Blizzards: the Strawberry Cheesequake. (Click here to see my healthy version of the Chocolate Xtreme Blizzard.)
This delightful concoction includes chunks of strawberries, cheesecake…and cheesecake crust. Short of making a cheesecake, I didn’t know how to replicate the cheesecake crust.
But then I had an idea.
How about toasted coconut?
You can find this recipe in my cookbook, Necessary Food.
- 2 T unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ tsp. butter
- 1 cup crushed ice
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk (or carton coconut milk for a nut free option)
- ⅓ cup cottage cheese
- 3 doonks THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder (a doonk is 1/32 tsp.)
- Rounded ¼ tsp. glucomannan
- Scant ¼ tsp. cream of tartar
- ¼ tsp. butter flavoring
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½-1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- ⅓ cup frozen strawberries
- 1-1½ oz. reduced-fat cream cheese
- In a small frying pan, toast the unsweetened shredded coconut in ½ tsp. of butter. Set aside. You can also place the coconut flakes on a baking sheet, spray with a cooking spray, and broil until lightly toasted.
- In a blender, combine all other ingredients except for the strawberries and cream cheese.
- Add the strawberries but only pulse briefly so some chunks are left.
- Cut the cream cheese into chunks and swirl it and the toasted coconut into the shake by hand. Enjoy!
I changed the name to "Strawberry Cheesecake Whiteout" on 12.6.16, but the recipe is the same as before.
Don't forget to subscribe via email so you never miss a post! There's a sign up thingy in the sidebar to your right if you're on desktop, or it may be at the bottom of the page if you're on mobile. You can also follow me on Facebook and Pinterest!