This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. Thanks for helping me feed (haha...get it..."feed"...nevermind) my ice cream addiction (and support my site so I can keep giving you free recipes).
A PB&J fried taco has been on my to-make list for a very long time now, and honestly I’m not sure why it hasn’t happened sooner. I mean, you guys know how I feel about peanut butter and jelly in non-sandwich form. And fried tacos. And peanut butter. (Oh wait – did I already mention that?) It took the spring crop of fresh strawberries to inspire me to finally move this recipe to the “Completed” list – and boy, am I glad I did! 5 easy ingredients are all it takes to make a deliciously crispy fried taco filled with melty peanut butter and fresh bursts of ruby-red strawberry goodness. Completely low carb and Trim Healthy Mama friendly to boot!
Need some strawberry recipes? Click here for a picture index of mine!
Frying low-carb tortillas in coconut oil rejuvenates a sometimes limp ingredient into something stellar. I’ve posted many fried taco variations so far, the latest of which was just earlier this week. (Whoops…maybe I shouldn’t post two of the same kind of recipe so close to each other!) You can see a complete picture index of my fried taco recipes by clicking here. Some of my favorites:
- Fried Cream Cheese & Berry Taco
- Mozzarella Mushroom Bacon Fritter
- Strawberry Ham & Swiss Quesadilla (Monday’s recipe)
- Fried Apple Pie
While I really do enjoy my fried tacos, I try not to eat them too often because “frankenfoods” like low-carb tortillas are only supposed to be used on occasion in the Trim Healthy Mama plan. If you experience weight loss stalls, they’re a good thing to cut out.
Want some more unique PB&J twists? Try…
- Chocolate-Covered PB&J Protein Mess (One of my favorite snacks! If you use defatted peanut flour instead of peanut butter, it’s a THM Fuel Pull!)
- PB&J Breakfast Crumble
- PB&J Milkshake
- Instant Peanut Butter Chocolate-Covered Strawberries (I make this all the time….)
- Classic Strawberry Ice Cream topped with natural peanut butter
- Waffles topped with peanut butter and fresh sliced strawberries
Random side note: I have Instagram now! Click here to check out my profile and follow along if you feel so inclined.
Want more 5 ingredient recipes? Click here!
Great minds think alike! Earlier this week, my friend Sarah from My Montana Kitchen posted a THM:E Grilled Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich recipe. Be sure to check it out!
As always, check out the Notes section of the recipe for extra info. Check out the links in and below the recipe to see the products I use and recommend. Some of the links included in the recipe and blog post are affiliate links, which means that if you make purchases through these links, I make a small commission to help defray the costs of running this blog (at no extra charge to you). Thanks for your help!
You may also enjoy:
- Starting THM
- my recipe index
- my recipes grouped by fuel type, allergy info, and theme
- all my strawberry recipes
- all my peanut butter recipes
- 1 low-carb tortilla
- 1-2 T. natural peanut butter*
- ½ c. sliced strawberries (I used fresh in this recipe, but I've used frozen berries in fried tacos before, too.)
- THM Super Sweet Blend
- Refined coconut oil (for frying)
- Spread the peanut butter onto the low-carb tortilla. You can spread it in the center like I did, place the strawberries on top, and fold up the edges nice and purty...or you can just spread it on one half of the tortilla, put the strawberries on top, and fold it over like a typical quesadilla. Tastes the same. Sprinkle a little Super Sweet Blend onto the strawberries before folding the tortilla. Fry in coconut oil on both sides until golden brown, then enjoy!
If you want a little more "goop" inside your fried taco, you could add a little cream cheese.
- THM Super Sweet Blend
- Defatted Peanut Flour (Amazon)
- Defatted Peanut Flour (iHerb)
- THM Defatted Peanut Flour