This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. Thank you for helping me feed (haha...get it..."feed"...nevermind) my ice cream addiction (and support my site so I can keep giving you free recipes).
Several years ago, I remember seeing a Philly Cheesesteak Casserole by Grassfed Mama. The idea intrigued me enough that it’s been stuck in my head all this time! Mine is quite a bit different from Angela’s in that it’s done completely in a skillet and has a sauce with it, but you should check hers out too in case it fits your taste buds better.
I would’ve loved to have included some fresh mushrooms in this skillet dish but didn’t have any on hand. 🙁 I know that green bell peppers are traditional with Philly Cheesesteaks, but even if I had some on hand, I wouldn’t have put them in. There are few foods in this world that I don’t enjoy, but green bell peppers are one of them. I sort of like them raw with Ranch dip, but cooked…no thanks. I can eat them, but I would not choose to do so. Onions on the other hand…bring ’em on!
I served this Philly Cheesesteak Skillet with Special Roasted Brussels Sprouts and green beans.
The Briana that pre-scheduled this post on February 1st asks you to pray for the Briana that is flying home from South Africa on the day this recipe is posted, February 27th. She knows that her future self can’t wait to get home and share all kinds of pictures and stories from her trip! Please give the future me some grace as I get back and reply to all the emails and comments that have been sent during my absence. <3
As always, check out the Notes section of the recipe for extra info. Check out the links in and below the recipe to see the products I use and recommend. Some of the links included in the recipe and blog post are affiliate links, which means that if you make purchases through these links, I make a small commission to help defray the costs of running this blog (at no extra charge to you). Thanks for your help!
You may also enjoy:
- Starting THM
- my recipe index
- my recipes grouped by fuel type, allergy info, and theme
- all my casserole recipes
- my main dishes picture index
Need more easy meal ideas? Check out my cookbook!
- 3 T. butter
- 1 med. onion, sliced
- 2½ lb. flank steak, thinly sliced
- ¼ c. no-sugar-added ketchup
- 2 T. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp. THM Super Sweet Blend
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Garlic salt (to taste)
- Mozzarella and/or Swiss cheese
- Sauté the sliced onion in the butter in a skillet (electric or on the stovetop) until it starts to brown.
- Pound the sliced steak to an even thickness with a meat mallet, then add it and the rest of the ingredients (except the cheese) to the onions. Cover and cook until the beef is done to your liking, stirring occasionally.
- Turn the heat off and top the dinner with the cheese of your choice. Cover the skillet until the cheese melts. Serve.
I'm sure this would be good with chicken as well!
Don't forget to subscribe via email so you never miss a post! There's a sign up thingy in the sidebar to your right if you're on desktop, or it may be at the bottom of the page if you're on mobile. You can also follow me on Facebook and Pinterest!