This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. Thank you for helping me feed (haha...get it..."feed"...nevermind) my ice cream addiction (and support my site so I can keep giving you free recipes).
First published 5/13/14. Recipe updated 11/4/15.
You can find this recipe in my cookbook, Necessary Food.
- 1 cup crushed ice
- ⅓ cup cottage cheese
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½-1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- Rounded ¼ tsp. glucomannan
- Pinch of salt
- 3 doonks THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder (a doonk is 1/32 tsp.)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 farm fresh egg*
- 1 T butter
- 1 T refined coconut oil
- ¾ tsp. (1 packet) Truvia
- Dash of vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. defatted peanut flour (you could also sub natural peanut butter but it will add richness to an already rich topping)
- 1 T unsweetened almond milk
- Ice Cream:
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth. Pour into a bowl and freeze for 40 minutes to an hour, stirring twice within the first 30 minutes for optimum consistency. Eat when it reaches the desired consistency. Makes one very large serving or 2 dessert servings. Serve with Homemade Hot Fudge.
- Hot Fudge:
- Melt the butter and coconut oil together in the microwave. Stir in Truvia to dissolve, then add the vanilla, cocoa powder, and defatted peanut flour. Stir well then stir in a tablespoon of unsweetened almond milk.
Don't forget to subscribe via email so you never miss a post! There's a sign up thingy in the sidebar to your right if you're on desktop, or it may be at the bottom of the page if you're on mobile. You can also follow me on Facebook and Pinterest!