This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. Thank you for helping me feed (haha...get it..."feed"...nevermind) my ice cream addiction (and support my site so I can keep giving you free recipes).
Remember my Chocolate Dreamy recipe – the okra shake that tastes like a Wendy’s Frosty? (It has converted many okra scoffers into okra lovers, or at least okra toleraters.) This is the strawberry version, and you can enjoy it as soft serve or a shake! It’s super creamy. I’m not going to say that you won’t be able to detect okra because I can personally taste okra every single time I use it in any recipe, but I will say that the faint okra flavor is definitely not a bad thing in this recipe. It just adds a bit of a green, earthy taste that pairs nicely with the strawberry.
This recipe makes a huge bowl of soft serve (or a huge jar of strawberry shake). My little sister saw my big bowl of ice cream – which was literally my lunch one day – and asked, “You’re eating ALL of that?” It may make a big bowl of ice cream, but my other sister – the runner – was very impressed with the macros. I didn’t run numbers, but there’s nothing calorie-dense in this recipe. It includes protein and okra for a great health boost, though, and it kept me full all afternoon! Trim Healthy Mamas, this recipe is a filling Fuel Pull!
You know me – I put peanut butter on everything, and strawberry soft serve is no exception. PB&J at its finest! You could add defatted peanut flour to stay in THM:FP mode, but a little natural peanut butter turns this strawberry soft serve into a delicious THM:S meal, snack, or dessert.
As always, check out the Notes section of the recipe for extra info. Check out the links in and below the recipe to see the products I use and recommend. Some of the links included in the recipe and blog post are affiliate links, which means that if you make purchases through these links, I make a small commission to help defray the costs of running this blog (at no extra charge to you). Thanks for your help!
You may also enjoy:
- Starting THM
- my recipe index
- my recipes grouped by fuel type, allergy info, and theme
- all my strawberry recipes
- all my okra recipes
- Blend all the ingredients in a high-powered blender until a smooth soft-serve consistency is reached. If in doubt, blend a little longer; the shake will taste better. (I used a Vitamix with a tamper and found that high speeds help this blend. If you find that your blender won't blend the mixture, thin it down into a shake with some more almond milk.) Enjoy!
- This recipe makes a huge serving of soft-serve ice cream or a quart jar of strawberry shake. I enjoy the whole thing for lunch, but you can try cutting the recipe in half if you don't want so much.
**I don't typically like the taste of whey protein powder, but in this amount in this shake I don't mind it and it helps make the shake creamy and fluffy. You can try substituting collagen, but the shake probably won't be quite as creamy.
Feel free to add some defatted peanut flour to this shake for a PB&J option! You can add natural peanut butter, but that will turn this into a THM:S recipe.
- Vitamix Blender (5300 Certified Refurbished) – Amazon
- Swanson’s protein powder (Amazon)
- Whey Protein Powder
- THM Pristine Whey Protein Powder
- Great Lakes Collagen
- THM Integral Collagen
- THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder
- Glucomannan (Amazon)
- Defatted Peanut Flour (Amazon)
Don't forget to subscribe via email so you never miss a post! There's a sign up thingy in the sidebar to your right if you're on desktop, or it may be at the bottom of the page if you're on mobile. You can also follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest!