This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. Thanks for helping me feed (haha...get it..."feed"...nevermind) my ice cream addiction (and support my site so I can keep giving you free recipes).
Ah, you guys know how much I love these velvety drinks! The healthy fats in the form of coconut oil and butter blended with hot liquid and protein powder make for a mugful of frothy, velvety-smooth goodness (a perfect autumn snack or breakfast). This Velvety Ginger Cookie Sip is no exception – and as a THM Deep S recipe, it will rev your metabolism but good!
In case you’re tired of pumpkin, the ginger cookie flavor is a nice change that still breathes a fall vibe. I always look forward to cooler weather because I love hot drinks – and hot drinks in the middle of a South Carolina summer just don’t jive. My first try at this ginger cookie sip was majorly BLAND, so the next time around I upped the flavor significantly. All the ingredients are here for a reason, folks. Lately I’ve been using collagen instead of whey protein in a lot of drinks because I prefer the non-flavor of collagen, but the whey protein really adds creaminess here, as does the butter. You can definitely make it dairy free by using collagen and exclusively coconut oil, but it won’t be quite as creamy. Even the baking powder is in here for a reason – it adds the cookie flavor!
You may also enjoy:
As always, check out the Notes section of the recipe for extra info. Check out the links in and below the recipe to see the products I use and recommend. Some of the links included in the recipe and blog post are affiliate links, which means that if you make purchases through these links, I make a small commission to help defray the costs of running this blog (at no extra charge to you). Thanks for your help!
Heads up, folks! I’m releasing a calendar for preorder next Monday, Oct 2! On Monday, go to the SHOP tab here on my website to get your order in! Supplies are limited and we’re offering special deals and coupons during preorder (which ends Oct 23), so I highly recommend ordering as soon as possible. This calendar, Necessary Time 2018, includes 12 new recipes – and 12 exclusive recipe cards! These would make great Christmas gifts, so order next week and get your Christmas shopping done in October!
- 1 c. water
- 1 c. unsweetened almond milk
- 1 chai spice tea bag
- 2 T. whey protein powder
- ½ T. refined coconut oil
- ½ T. salted butter
- 2 tsp. THM Super Sweet Blend (or more, to taste)
- 1½ tsp. ginger*
- ½ tsp. each maple, butter extracts
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- 3/32 tsp. (3 doonks) THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder
- Dash each cinnamon, salt
- Add the water, almond milk, and tea bag to a large mug or glass measuring cup and microwave for 3 minutes, then let it steep for 5 minutes while you add the rest of the ingredients to a blender cup. (I used a Nutribullet, but you could also use an immersion blender. Always be careful when blending hot liquids, and if you use a covered blender, vent it as necessary to release pressure.)
- Add the rest of the ingredients to a blender cup, then remove the tea bag and add the hot liquid as well. Blend until smooth. Taste and add more sweetener and/or spice as desired. Enjoy!
This is not a sipper drink but is meant to be enjoyed with or as a meal. It contains protein so you could use it as breakfast or a snack on its own once in awhile.