This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. Thank you for helping me feed (haha...get it..."feed"...nevermind) my ice cream addiction (and support my site so I can keep giving you free recipes).
Guess what today is?? It’s my bloggiversary! Today I’m celebrating 3 years of rambling, eating, taking pictures of yummy stuff, and working from home in my pajamas. (That last one rarely happens except for outside of normal office hours.)
In keeping with what has become tradition around here, I’m celebrating with another hot chocolate recipe. It just so happened that my very first blog recipe was a hot chocolate recipe, and on my first bloggiversary, I happened to have another hot chocolate recipe to post. Thus, hot chocolate become a tradition.
My blog progression in hot chocolate recipes:
- November 22, 2013 (originally posted on my old BlogSpot blog) >> Better-Than-Starbucks Hot Chocolate
- November 21, 2014 >> Briana’s Hot Chocolate
- November 17, 2015 >> Stovetop Hot Chocolate
- November 22, 2016 >> Velvety Hot Chocolate – today’s recipe!
Each of these hot chocolate recipes has its own unique perks, and I love each and every one. However, I’ve gotta say – today’s hot chocolate recipe is the closest thing to packaged Nestle that I’ve made in my history of healthy hot chocolate. I highly recommend that you try it. Trim Healthy Mamas, it’s a Deep S! Made in the Bulletproof style with lots of healthy fats, it’s super rich and creamy.
As always, feel free to add more sweetener if that’s what you like. People say I undersweeten things. I say everyone else oversweetens. 😉 Just make it how you like it and we’ll all be happy. Here’s to another year of healthy recipes (and other good stuff)!
You may also enjoy:
- Starting THM
- my recipe index
- my recipes grouped by fuel type, allergy info, and theme
- all my hot drinks recipes
- all my single-serve recipes
You can find this recipe in my cookbook, Necessary Food!
- 1 c. unsweetened almond milk*
- 1 c. water
- 2 T. whey protein powder
- 2-3 tsp. cocoa powder
- ½ T. coconut oil (rounded)**
- ½ T. butter
- 1 tsp. THM Super Sweet Blend (or more, to taste)
- 1/16 tsp. (2 doonks) THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder
- Dash salt
- Dash vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp. glucomannan (for a thicker mouth feel)(optional)
- Heat the liquid to the desired temperature (I microwave mine for 2-3 minutes in a mug). Blend all ingredients together. (Be careful when blending hot liquids - they may expand and create a pressure build up! Vent the blender as needed.) Enjoy!
**Use refined coconut oil to omit coconut flavor
Feel free to add more sweetener as I tend to undersweeten compared to most people.
You can add a full tablespoon of coconut oil to this to make it even more velvety if you like.
To make a peppermint hot chocolate, you could add a peppermint tea bag to the hot liquid for this drink and/or add a dash of peppermint extract.
Don't forget to subscribe via email so you never miss a post! There's a sign up thingy in the sidebar to your right if you're on desktop, or it may be at the bottom of the page if you're on mobile. You can also follow me on Facebook and Pinterest!