These low carb Asparagus Fries are so easy to make in the oven! They only require 5 simple ingredients + salt and pepper, and the breading is amazing! The perfect accompaniment to your THM S meal.
- Wash the asparagus and drain it very well. Trim the woody ends off of the asparagus – I cut about 2 inches off the thick end of each spear.
- Whisk the eggs, salt, pepper, and garlic powder together (in a container large enough to hold the asparagus) until smooth.
- Crush the crackers to crumbs. Sealing them in a Ziplock bag and smashing them with a rolling pin works great. Whisk the cracker crumbs and Parmesan cheese together in another container large enough to use for breading the asparagus.
- Dip the asparagus in the egg mixture, then in the cracker and cheese mixture to coat. I like to put all the asparagus in the egg mixture and toss it to coat, then roll a small handful of the asparagus spears in the crumb mixture at a time.
- Spread the breaded asparagus out onto 2 sheet pans so the spears aren’t all on top of each other. Top with any leftover cheese and cracker crumb mixture. Bake at 400*F for 15 minutes. Switch the pans so one doesn’t get more brown than the other and bake for another 15 minutes or until the asparagus is as tender as you like.
- Bake leftovers in the oven on an uncovered sheet pan to reheat.
I haven’t tried this, but the same recipe would probably work just fine with long green beans.
If you’re allergic to the cheese or ingredients in the crackers, you could try replacing one with more of the other. You could also try substituting part of the breading with crushed pork rinds, almond flour, and/or THM Baking Blend. If making substitutions you may need to adjust the salt/seasoning levels and the texture and nutrition info will change.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: side dish
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: THM S, Low Carb
Keywords: trim healthy mama, THM, sheet pan, easy