Hi y’all! My name is Briana Thomas, in case you hadn’t already figured that out. I am a
17 18 19 20 21-year-old with a very varied, very busy life. I have a bad habit of jumping from one thing to the next, but a few things have stuck around for awhile:
- my love for God
- my interest in photography
- my playing with horses
- my experimentation in the kitchen
- my obsession with ice cream
- my passion for music
- my love of dark chocolate
I cover quite a few of those subjects in this website/blog, so if you have some of the same interests I do, you might want to stick around.
RANDOM FACTS THAT YOU MAY OR MAY NOT BE INTERESTED IN:
- I live in Upstate South Carolina. (AKA the most beautiful, friendliest, best-of-both-worlds spot in, well, the whole world! From what I’ve seen this far in my relatively short life.)
- I have obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD). For those of you who joke about it-it’s not a joking matter.
- I enjoyed school, especially algebra.
- I love to sing. My music tastes are quite varied, but I stay within the choral/hymns/classical/Broadway musicals (the decent ones, that is)/yodeling/barbershop genres mostly. 😛
- I love to read, and I love a diverse vocabulary. Some of my favorite authors are O. Henry and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. And while we’re on the subject of literature, books are always better than movies. End of story. I’m that person that no-one likes to watch a movie with because she’s always comparing it to the book. (Radagast did not drive a giant bunny sleigh, thank you very much.)
- I am nitpicky about grammar. If you find mistakes anywhere on my blog (that were not used for stylistic purposes), please let me know. I beg you.
- I like to amuse myself on the Irish pennywhistle, and I’m currently brushing up on my piano skills. I’ve dabbled in classical guitar, cello, and the ocarina. For the future: harp and oboe.
- I love singing in a choral setting, and I’ve had quite a few amazing choral experiences – with more in the works! I’m so thankful to God for the opportunities He’s given me to pursue music, my most prominent hobby these days.
- My name gets misspelled and mispronounced more than 50% of the time on the first try, and about 25% of the time on subsequent encounters. What annoys me the most is that people persist on spelling it wrong on social media and when they comment on my very own blog…even when my name is written there for all the world to see. It comprises my logo. It is also my web address. It is at the top of your screen. For reference. On purpose. For the record, my name is pronounced “Bree-ah-nah”. Not “Bree-anne-nah”. Because it has one n, not two. If you get it wrong, I answer to both by necessity. Just please make an effort to get it right the second time. And asking how it’s pronounced is never a bad idea. Unless you have to do it five times. 😛
- I’ve been following the THM low-glycemic healthy eating lifestyle for over 4 years. Click here to see my latest update post!
I look back over my life since I first started blogging as a creative outlet, and I am just amazed at how God has worked. If you would’ve told me at 17 that by the age of 21 I would be blogging for a living, publishing a book, receiving fanmail (if you are a fan of Briana Thomas, you are cuh-razy!!), and singing in groups like Laudate Mennonite Ensemble, I would’ve either laughed or screamed in terror at the sudden adventure about to befall me. Lots of change in a short amount of time overwhelms me (one of the practical implications of my obsessive compulsive disorder). But God has been so faithful and has worked in my life in a way I never could’ve in my wildest dreams imagined, and I am still sane and actually enjoying life! If you benefit from anything on this website, all the glory goes to God. It’s only by His grace that I am here, functioning, writing, and smiling. Soli Deo Gloria.