CLICK HERE to find out more about the low-glycemic healthy eating lifestyle I follow.
Flours I Use:
- Almond Flour – I rarely use this due to the price but like to have some on hand for crusts.
- Coconut Flour
- Golden Flaxmeal – I usually buy golden flax seeds from a bulk food store and grind my own flax meal in a coffee grinder.
- Gluten-Free Oat Flour
- Oat Fiber
- Oat Flour – I usually grind oats in a blender to make my own oat flour.
- THM Oat Fiber (Gluten Free) (Swanson) or THM Oat Fiber (gluten-free) (THM Store)
- THM Pristine Whey Protein Powder (Swanson) or THM Pristine Whey Protein Powder (THM Store)
- Whey Protein Powder – I like the taste of this protein powder the best of any I’ve tried. It’s made of whey protein concentrate instead of whey protein isolate (which is preferred for THM), but at only 1g carbs per serving, I still use it.
Sweeteners I Use:
- THM Gentle Sweet (Swanson) or THM Gentle Sweet (THM Store)
- THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder (Swanson) or THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder (THM Store)
- THM Super Sweet Blend (Swanson) or THM Super Sweet Blend (THM Store)
- Truvia – I usually buy this from Sam’s Club.
- Xylitol (heads up – xylitol is poisonous to dogs)
I purchase quite a few of the products in this section at local grocery stores, but here are some links to products that I buy online or know are not readily available in some places.
- Defatted Peanut Flour
- Dehydrated Tomato Powder
- Finely-Shredded Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- Joseph’s Reduced Carb/Flax, Oat Bran & Whole Wheat Lavash Bread
- Joseph’s Reduced Carb/Flax, Oat Bran & Whole Wheat Pita Bread
- Lorann Flavor Oils
- Sugar-free Chocolate Chips
- Xylitol-Sweetened Peppermints
- Vegetable Glycerin
- 9″ cake pans
- 10″ spring-form cheesecake pan
- Bosch mixer
- Cuisinart 1 1/2 qt. automatic ice cream churn
- Electric skillet
- Ninja Kitchen System – I am now using a refurbished Vitamix blender, but all the recipes in my cookbook were tested with a Ninja.
- Offset frosting spreader
- Popsicle molds
- Silicone baking mats
Pages and articles on my site that you might enjoy:
- Starting THM (this explains many of the ingredients above and includes many different sources for them so you can shop around)
- My picture recipe index
- My recipes categorized by THM fuel type, allergy info, and theme
- Sample menu index
- “What’s on My Plate?” index
- Trim Healthy Tips index
- “Food Freedom or Gluttony?”
- “Dos and Don’ts from a THM Veteran”
- “When You’re Overwhelmed on THM”
- Lifestyle Posts index (blogging, music, photography, devotionals, etc.)
- Greek yogurt video tutorial