This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. If you purchase items through my affiliate links, I receive a small commission but your price doesn't change.
I’ve never been a big fan of pumpkin mixed into cheesecake, but I LOVE pumpkin pie. Why not make them separate, but together? Add my favorite “brown sugar” pecan crust and you have a dessert fit for Thanksgiving Day! This Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake is low carb, sugar free, gluten free, and a THM S for Trim Healthy Mamas.
- To help prevent cheesecakes from cracking, use full fat cream cheese and sour cream and make sure all your ingredients are at room temperature before mixing. I don’t mind cracks, so I always use reduced fat cream cheese. Full fat cream cheese will give you a denser cheesecake, whereas reduced fat cream cheese will give you a less stiff result (which I prefer). You can also save some unnecessary calories. Sour cream and Greek yogurt can be interchanged in cheesecake recipes, but I think full fat sour cream gives a creamier texture than Greek yogurt does.
- Cheesecake gets even better with age. 2 days after baking is when it peaks, in my opinion. But it stays good in the fridge for even longer than that. You can try freezing cheesecake but it does get a bit more watery when thawed.
- Oat fiber: This can usually only be purchased online. Oat flour and oat fiber are not the same thing and cannot be swapped. Use gluten free oat fiber if necessary! Not all brands are created equally – use oat fiber that is light in color without a strong smell or taste.
- Molasses: This is allowed on the Trim Healthy Mama plan in small amounts (1/4 teaspoon per serving) for flavor. I like Grandma’s molasses from Walmart or a local grocery store. Blackstrap molasses is recommended I believe, but the nutrition info isn’t that different from Grandma’s and I don’t like the taste nearly as well. Molasses IS technically a sweetener, but it’s not refined sugar and is only used in a small amount for flavor so I’m still calling this recipe sugar free. 😉
- Sweetener: Feel free to use your favorite low glycemic sweetener to taste in place of the sweeteners I used. I used a combination of Sweet Blend and Gentle Sweet to get a balanced sweetness without breaking the bank. Feel free to add more Gentle Sweet if you want a sweeter cheesecake.