This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. If you purchase items through my affiliate links, I receive a small commission but your price doesn't change.
The most delicious “brown sugar” crust topped with a cream cheese layer, pumpkin pudding, whipped cream, and sweet/salty pecan crumbs – this Pumpkin Delight is going to be your favorite autumn dessert! THM S, low carb
This Pumpkin Delight post has been on my website since September 2014, and you can find the (mostly) original recipe on page 368 of Necessary Food, my first cookbook. (That version was actually already tweaked a bit from the very, very original.) The recipe in this blog post has been updated with an amazing “brown sugar” pecan crust (from this Cinnamon Cheesecake recipe), simplified ingredients, better sweetness, and nutrition info.
How to make Pumpkin Delight:
- Mix up the simple crust and prebake it. Chill.
- Mix up the 4 ingredient cream cheese layer and spread it over the chilled crust.
- Make the pumpkin pudding layer and chill it to let it firm up, then spread it gently over the crust + cream cheese layer. Chill the dessert for several hours or overnight to firm up.
- Make the crumbs and set aside until assembly.
- Soon before serving, make the whipped cream. Top the delight with the whipped cream and crumbs.
- Dig in!
But that’s a big list of ingredients!
Don’t let the ingredients list scare you: most of those ingredients are used more than once in this recipe, so you’re seeing a lot of repeats. This is a layered dessert, after all.
It’s a more involved recipe than I normally make/post, but needs must for special occasions and holiday cravings. And honestly, the process is pretty simple.
Unfortunately I had to eat the whole pan while testing this recipe, since Ryan isn’t really into pumpkin. I’m not usually a huge pumpkin fan myself, but I’ve gotta say, I did not mind eating the whole pan of this Pumpkin Delight. Something works in this recipe, let me tell ya. That crust, and those crumbs – they take pumpkin to another level.
Some more delight recipes:
- Strawberry Delight
- Blueberry Cheesecake Delight
- Peanut Butter Pie Delight
- Coconut Cream Pie Delight
- Peppermint Delight
- Strawberry Delight Popsicles
- Lemon Cheesecake Delight (Convenient Food, page 414)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Delight (Necessary Food, page 370)
As always, check out the Notes section of the recipe for helpful info and answers to frequently asked questions!
You may also enjoy: