This simple Mushroom & Ham Quiche is the perfect way to use up leftover ham! We love it for supper, but it also makes a great make ahead breakfast to grab and go throughout the week. Low carb & THM S
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 4 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 16 ounces baby bella mushrooms (sliced)
- 12 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (or yellow mustard)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt (to taste)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dill weed
- 2 cups chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons real bacon bits
- Smoked paprika for garnish
SAUTE the onion and bell pepper in the butter (in a pan on the stovetop) for a few minutes. Add the spinach and sliced mushrooms and sauté (covered) until al dente (on the crisp side of tender). When the veggies are crisp-tender, drain any liquid off and discard it or save it to use in soup. Set the veggies aside for later.
WHISK the eggs well in a large mixing bowl. Add the mustard and seasonings and whisk well.
ADD the ham, shredded cheese, and sautéed veggies (well drained) and mix until homogenous.
SPREAD the egg mixture in an even layer in a greased 9” x 13” glass pan.
TOP evenly with the cheese and bacon bits and garnish with a sprinkle of smoked paprika.
BAKE at 350*F (uncovered) until the quiche is set and not jiggly in the center. 30 minutes was good for me; I don’t like egg bakes to be overdone!
SERVE with sour cream, salsa, avocado, chopped tomato, nsa ketchup – whatever floats your boat! The quiche is good warm or cold.
If you prefer, use turkey ham and turkey bacon bits in place of the pork products.
Allergy info: gluten and nut free (use noncontaminated ingredients)
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Entree
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: THM S, low carb, gluten free, nut free
Keywords: THM, Trim Healthy Mama, low carb, gluten free, nut free, make ahead, breakfast