These easy Spiced Pecans are basically low carb “croutons” for all your favorite salads! They offer flavor and crunch while staying in THM S mode. Pair with mixed greens, feta cheese, fresh strawberries, and my Strawberry Vinaigrette recipe for the ultimate springtime salad!
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 tablespoon refined coconut oil
Then season with:
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon THM Super Sweet Blend
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Toast the pecan halves in the coconut oil in a pan on the stovetop over medium low heat until they get a bit darker and start smelling toasty. Stir often to keep the pecans from burning.
- Remove the pecans from the heat, let them cool a bit until they quit sizzling, then add the seasonings while the pecans are still warm and stir to coat. Taste and adjust as desired. I add a bit more salt.
- Let the pecans cool completely. Use right away or store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Feel free to use your favorite low glycemic sweetener to taste in place of the THM Super Sweet Blend.
Feel free to use whatever seasonings sound good to you. I bet a garlic herb version would be great! I don’t usually even measure the seasonings. It’s very much a taste and adjust situation.
These spiced pecans don’t last that long at my house, but I did keep some around for a week to test how they would hold up. They tasted fine (although not quite as fresh as when they were first made), and they’d probably last even longer. For long term storage you could try storing in the freezer. Leave the pecans out for several hours after making them to let the oil soak into them completely before putting them in cold storage so the coconut oil doesn’t make them clump together.
Allergy info for the spiced pecans: gluten free, egg free, dairy free
- Category: condiment
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: THM S, low carb
Keywords: gluten free, egg free, dairy free, trim healthy mama