This low carb Strawberry Vinaigrette makes the perfect springy salad, especially when paired with mixed greens, feta cheese, fresh strawberries, and my Spiced Pecans! It doesn’t contain any added sugar and is perfect in a THM S setting. I like to keep a batch in the fridge to mix with fresh greens whenever I want to serve a super simple side dish that feels special!
- 1 ¼ cups strawberry puree
- 1 cup olive oil
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons water
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons THM Super Sweet Blend
- 1 ½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Dash of cayenne pepper (to taste)
Add after blending:
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion (optional)
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds (optional)
- Blend everything but the dried minced onion and poppy seeds together in a blender until smooth and emulsified. Taste and adjust as desired.
- Transfer the vinaigrette to a storage bottle, then add the dried minced onion and poppy seeds and shake to mix.
- Store the vinaigrette in the fridge. Shake before serving.
For the strawberry puree, just blend strawberries (fresh, or frozen then thawed) in a blender until smooth, then measure the amount of puree needed for the recipe. It’s easier to accurately measure puree than whole berries.
I prefer a light tasting olive oil.
Feel free to use your favorite low glycemic sweetener to taste in place of the THM Super Sweet Blend.
All spices and herbs called for in the recipes are dried, not fresh.
If the vinaigrette thickens in the fridge, just shake it and let it sit out at room temperature for a bit before using in a salad.
I’ve kept this dressing in the fridge for several weeks and it hasn’t spoiled, but the flavor isn’t quite as fresh as when first made. As long as it smells and tastes fine and isn’t growing mold it should be safe to eat, but the fresh strawberry puree in the dressing won’t last forever.
Allergy info for the vinaigrette: gluten free, egg free, dairy free, nut free
- Category: condiments
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: THM S, low carb, sugar free
Keywords: trim healthy mama, gluten free, egg free, dairy free, nut free