With a “graham cracker” crust, plenty of cheesecake filling, and a layer of jammy rhubarb, this Rhubarb Cheesecake Delight is the perfect combination of tart, sweet, and creamy!
THM S, low carb, sugar free
- 1 ½ cups blanched almond flour
- 4 tablespoons salted butter (melted)
- 1 ½ teaspoons THM Super Sweet Blend
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups (360g) chopped rhubarb
- 2 tablespoons water
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon THM Super Sweet Blend
- 5 drops red food coloring (optional)
- CRUST: Combine the crust ingredients in a bowl with a fork (don’t laugh, but meat forks work great) or hand mixer. Press into a greased 8”x8” pan and bake at 350*F for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- CHEESECAKE FILLING: Beat the cream cheese, sweetener, and vanilla with a hand mixer until smooth. Add the cream and beat until thick. Set aside.
- RHUBARB JAM: Add the rhubarb, water, and salt to a saucepan. Sprinkle the xanthan gum evenly over the rhubarb in a fine layer to prevent clumps. Cook (covered) over medium heat until the rhubarb is soft and jammy, stirring occasionally with a potato masher or whisk to break up the rhubarb. The rhubarb will disintegrate if it gets completely soft, which is fine, but if you want some rhubarb chunks pull the mixture off the heat when the rhubarb is still al dente OR add some extra chopped rhubarb when the original rhubarb is soft and jam-like and cook for just a few minutes to take the crunch off. (You could also add some sliced fresh strawberries or fresh raspberries after cooking if you want to bring some colorful fresh berries to the party.) Pull the pan off the heat and whisk in the sweetener and food coloring if you want a pretty red color. Let the mixture cool before assembling the dessert.
- ASSEMBLY: When all the elements are at room temperature, assemble the dessert. Spread the cheesecake filling over the prebaked crust. Use a spoon to distribute dollops of the rhubarb mixture over the cream cheese layer, then gently use an offset frosting spreader to smooth it out. Chill completely before serving.
Sweetener: Feel free to use your favorite low glycemic sweetener to taste in place of the THM Super Sweet Blend. Many people like more sweetener than I do, so adjust to taste to make sure you get a result you like.
Rhubarb: Thin stems of rhubarb are best. Split large stems down the center before chopping. Discard any woody stems. I like to chop it about one quarter to one half inch. Frozen rhubarb should work if you don’t have fresh. Thaw and drain before measuring and proceeding with the recipe.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake + Cook
- Cuisine: THM S, low carb, sugar free, gluten free, egg free
Keywords: THM, trim healthy mama, sugar free, low carb, gluten free, egg free, low carb rhubarb desserts, sugar free rhubarb desserts, thm rhubarb desserts