This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. Thanks for helping me feed (haha...get it..."feed"...nevermind) my ice cream addiction (and support my site so I can keep giving you free recipes).
Slightly sweet, cinnamon baked oatmeal with fresh bursts of blueberry…doused in (almond) milk and sprinkled with sugar (er, THM Super Sweet Blend)…this is one of my favorite breakfasts ever.
This yummy baked oatmeal recipe is mixed up the night before and baked fresh in the morning for a wonderful texture. It makes 4 servings, but if you don’t have 4 people to feed you can always refrigerate the leftovers and eat them throughout the week!
Trim Healthy Mamas, this is a great (E)nergizing breakfast. It contains protein from the oats as well as egg whites, so it can be a standalone meal on its own.
Unfamiliar with Trim Healthy Mama? Check out this page for helpful links and my quick synopsis of the plan!
Want to see more breakfast recipes? Check them out in my pictorial recipe index here!
You can find this recipe in my cookbook, Necessary Food.
- 2 cups old fashioned oats (use gluten free if necessary)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or carton coconut milk for a nut free option)
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup egg whites
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. molasses
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 6 doonks THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder, or more to taste (a doonk is 1/32 tsp.)
- Blueberries (frozen or fresh) for topping
- THM Super Sweet Blend and unsweetened almond milk (or carton coconut milk) for serving
- Mix all ingredients except for the blueberries and serving ingredients together the night before baking the oatmeal. Refrigerate overnight. In the morning, pour the mixture into a greased 9-inch pie plate, smooth it out, and sprinkle with blueberries (press them into the oatmeal). Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes. You can serve it with THM Super Sweet Blend and unsweetened almond milk if you like. Yields 4 servings. Leftovers are great the next day (refrigerate leftovers).
- THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder and Super Sweet Blend can both be purchased from the Trim Healthy Mama online store.