This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. Thanks for helping me feed (haha...get it..."feed"...nevermind) my ice cream addiction (and support my site so I can keep giving you free recipes).
This tasty fried rice makes no claims to be traditional, but it’s what I think fried rice should taste like. Seasoned rice, a few selective veggies, and a little scrambled egg combine to make a flavorful side dish, and you can add some chicken breast to turn it into an entrée!
But this post isn’t just about fried rice! I have an exciting announcement to make!
This recipe is fairly straightforward so I won’t bore you to tears by going on and on about it. You can check out the printable recipe below for some ideas on how to jazz it up even further. I actually have something even more exciting than fried rice to share with you today. It’s called the “THM Blogger Test Kitchen”, and it’s an (unofficial) Facebook group created by some of us loyal THM bloggers for the purpose of sharing our recipes in an organized place. When I say “organized”, I mean organized: there are currently 30 albums for recipes by category, fuel type, and allergy information! Click here to join this awesome group!
But that’s not it, y’all! Hold onto your hats because there’s more coming! We are currently running two giveaways! The first is located over on Jennifer Griffin’s blog, and it’s for a $100 gift card. Click here or on the graphic below to go check out her blog post and enter.
The second giveaway is going on in the group itself and includes all the stuff in the graphic below. You see those cards in the upper right hand corner? Those would be one of my hobbies! The winner of the giveaway gets 6 of my handmade cards (plus a bunch of great THM products and other stuff!)! To enter for these products, join the THM Blogger Test Kitchen group and comment on the giveaway post in the group.
I am just so excited about this new group! I think it’s going to be a great ongoing resource! We created a collaborative Pinterest board to pin all the recipes to as well, so you can check it out here. I also have a collaborative Pinterest board for THM recipes which you can see here.
Links you might enjoy:
- Starting THM
- my picture recipe index
- THM Success Series
- my Facebook page
- my Pinterest page
- my Side Dish recipes
Want to save this recipe for later? Pin it here!
You can find this recipe in my cookbook, Necessary Food.
- 1 T butter
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 3 cups cooked brown rice, room temperature (or use leftovers out of your fridge)
- 1 cup green peas (I just use frozen)
- ⅓ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tsp. chicken bouillon
- 1 tsp. dill weed
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. ginger
- Red pepper to taste
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce (or allergy friendly alternative)
- ⅓ cup egg whites (or more if desired)
- Heat the butter in a nonstick skillet. Add the garlic and saute for a few seconds. Add the rice, bell pepper, peas, and seasonings and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally. Cook until the rice gets a little crispy. Add the soy sauce and stir to coat. Scrape the rice aside from the center of the pan to create a well in the center. Pour the egg whites into the well and scramble them. When they are mostly set, stir them into the rice. Serves 5-6 as a side dish.
- You could add chopped cooked chicken breast to this dish and use it as a main course for 4 people.
- Feel free to add extras if you like - sweeten it with THM Super Sweet Blend for more of a teriyaki flavor, add cheese on top for a crossover, or top with sriracha sauce for some extra heat.