This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. Thank you for helping me feed (haha...get it..."feed"...nevermind) my ice cream addiction (and support my site so I can keep giving you free recipes).
Looking for a meal that’s a little out of the ordinary yet still really simple? This one is for you. It’s different from my family’s normal fare…we usually stick with meatloaf, fajitas, parmesan chicken tenders-traditional food. My mom is very much a traditionalist. The poor woman’s daughter is a bit of a rebel, though, and likes to create strange combinations. So tell me, is peach chicken weird to you? Because it seems perfectly normal to me.
Surprise of all surprises, my dad liked this chicken. He’s not really a picky guy, and he always eats what we put in front of him, but he’s usually just quiet about it. That’s why I was shocked when he actually voiced at the table, “I like this chicken.” Well then, we have a winner of a chicken dinner.
This dish can be made ahead of time and frozen, then plopped into the crockpot when you need an easy meal. It’s low-fat, so for you Trim Healthy Mamas, serve it with some brown rice, sweet potatoes, and/or veggies. I like to put my frozen chicken stuff in the crockpot in the early afternoon to let it simmer, and then an hour or so before supper I put some sweet potatoes in the oven. Often I make some peas as well and I have an incredibly simple yet super flavorful dinner all ready to go.
- 2½ pounds chicken tenders (you can find a big bag this size at Aldi or Sam's Club)
- 3 cups chunked peeled peaches
- 3 T Worcestershire sauce (or an allergy friendly alternative)
- 1 T apple cider vinegar
- 2 doonks (1/16 tsp.) THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder
- 2 tsp. molasses
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- Salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients. Voila.
- a) Use all fresh ingredients and and dump into the crockpot.
- b) Use all fresh ingredients and freeze together in a large Ziplock bag for later.
- c) Use frozen chicken and frozen peaches and combine in crockpot.
- d) Use all frozen ingredients (or frozen chicken and fresh peaches) and combine in a large Ziplock bag to freeze for later.
- You can make this recipe in a variety of ways. The thing you don't want to do is stick chicken and peaches in the crockpot that aren't in the same state (you want them to be both frozen or both thawed) because they will cook at different rates and thus get ready at different rates.
- I tested this recipe by putting frozen chicken and frozen peaches in the crockpot and stirring the other ingredients together and pouring them on top. I cooked it on high for two hours (until the chicken and peaches were thawed and starting to cook), then low for another hour and a half until the chicken was cooked through. Then I turned it on "Keep Warm" until supper.
- Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar, Grandma’s Molasses, and Lea and Perrins Worcestershire Sauce are friendly to most allergies.
- THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder can be purchased from the Trim Healthy Mama online store.
Don't forget to subscribe via email so you never miss a post! There's a sign up thingy in the sidebar to your right if you're on desktop, or it may be at the bottom of the page if you're on mobile. You can also follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest!