This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. Thanks for helping me feed (haha...get it..."feed"...nevermind) my ice cream addiction (and support my site so I can keep giving you free recipes).
We’re fast approaching Thanksgiving (did you see my Thanksgiving recipe roundup the other week?), so I thought you guys might still need some side dish ideas that will feed a crowd and be enjoyed by all – health nuts and “normal people” alike. This creamy broccoli cauliflower salad is a healthy version of one of our old faithful recipes (adapted from an old church cookbook).
This salad is very easy to make. It only takes a few ingredients, and you can mix the dressing up ahead of time, assembling the salad not long before serving (so it doesn’t get soggy).
Perfect for church potlucks or family gatherings!
You can find this recipe in my cookbook, Necessary Food.
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- ¼ cup vinegar of choice (I used a combination of apple cider vinegar and white vinegar)
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 2 T + 1 tsp. THM Gentle Sweet
- 10-12 cups chopped broccoli and cauliflower
- 1 2.5 oz. package bacon bits *or* ½ cup finely chopped bacon
- ½-1 cup unsweetened dried cranberries, optional
- You can prepare the dressing ahead of time. Mix together the mayo, vinegar, garlic powder, and Gentle Sweet and store in the refrigerator.
- Minutes before serving, mix together the dressing, broccoli/cauliflower, and bacon bits.
- Serves 16-20 people
- Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- THM Gentle Sweet can be purchased from the Trim Healthy Mama online store.