This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. If you purchase items through my affiliate links, I receive a small commission but your price doesn't change.
Do you have a garden? If so, there is a distinct possibility that you planted cucumbers. If that is the case, there is one other distinct possibility: you now have cucumbers coming out of your ears.
This refreshing salad with its creamy sweet/sour dressing is a great way to make use of those cucumbers as a simple and quick side dish that for you Trim Healthy Mamas can be paired with any meal type.
I’ve grown up on cucumber salad, and for this recipe I used our old faithful recipe by Pauline Gingerich in the blue Whispering Pines church cookbook as a guide.
Serve with a nice slice of zucchini quiche for a yummy garden supper.
You can find this recipe in my cookbook, Necessary Food.
- 3 cups washed and sliced cucumbers (and peeled, if desired)
- ½ tsp. salt
- Scant ½ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. dill weed
- 1 doonk THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder (a doonk is 1/32 tsp.)
- 1 T apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup low fat sour cream
- Stir the salt into the cucumbers and let set for 20 minutes. Drain and add the rest of the ingredients. Stir well and serve.
I would like to try substituting lemon or lime juice for the apple cider vinegar in this recipe for a different twist. You could add onions if you like. Some garlic powder might be a nice addition as well.
Products I use:
- THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder can be purchased from the Trim Healthy Mama online store.
- Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar