This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. Thank you for helping me feed (haha...get it..."feed"...nevermind) my ice cream addiction (and support my site so I can keep giving you free recipes).
Do you have a garden? If so, there is a distinct possibility that you planted cucumbers. If that is the case, there is one other distinct possibility: you now have cucumbers coming out of your ears.
This refreshing salad with its creamy sweet/sour dressing is a great way to make use of those cucumbers as a simple and quick side dish that for you Trim Healthy Mamas can be paired with any meal type.
I’ve grown up on cucumber salad, and for this recipe I used our old faithful recipe by Pauline Gingerich in the blue Whispering Pines church cookbook as a guide.
Serve with a nice slice of zucchini quiche for a yummy garden supper.
You can find this recipe in my cookbook, Necessary Food.
- 3 cups washed and sliced cucumbers (and peeled, if desired)
- ½ tsp. salt
- Scant ½ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. dill weed
- 1 doonk THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder (a doonk is 1/32 tsp.)
- 1 T apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup low fat sour cream
- Stir the salt into the cucumbers and let set for 20 minutes. Drain and add the rest of the ingredients. Stir well and serve.
I would like to try substituting lemon or lime juice for the apple cider vinegar in this recipe for a different twist. You could add onions if you like. Some garlic powder might be a nice addition as well.
Products I use:
- THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder can be purchased from the Trim Healthy Mama online store.
- Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
Don't forget to subscribe via email so you never miss a post! There's a sign up thingy in the sidebar to your right if you're on desktop, or it may be at the bottom of the page if you're on mobile. You can also follow me on Facebook and Pinterest!