This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. Thank you for helping me feed (haha...get it..."feed"...nevermind) my ice cream addiction (and support my site so I can keep giving you free recipes).
Oatmeal that tastes like pumpkin pie? Yes please!
In case you haven’t figured this out by now, I’m kind of hooked on the whole “pumpkin spice” theme right now. You can click here to see a list of all my pumpkin recipes, including syrups, lattes, and pancakes.
I love this oatmeal topped with some Pumpkin Spice Syrup. Yum!
If you don’t feel like buying pumpkin pie spice, there are plenty of recipes online for how to mix up your own.
You can find this recipe in my cookbook, Necessary Food.
- ½ cup old-fashioned oats (gluten free if necessary)
- 1 cup liquid (water, unsweetened almond milk/carton coconut milk [nut free], or a combination)
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 2-3 doonks THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder (a doonk is 1/32 tsp.)
- ¼ cup plain pumpkin puree
- ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Optional toppings: a squirt of fat free Reddi-Whip (not dairy free) and/or some Pumpkin Spice Syrup
- There are a couple of ways you can do this:
- Mix all ingredients together the night before and refrigerate. In the morning, heat in the microwave for 3-4 minutes and enjoy warm. Or if you forget to mix it together the night before, just mix all the ingredients together and microwave in the morning (you'll just miss out on the benefits of soaking your oats overnight).
- *or* Mix all the ingredients PLUS a rounded ¼ tsp. of glucomannan together the night before and refrigerate overnight. Eat cold in the morning. This version has a more pudding-like feel.
- *or* For more volume, increase the liquid to 1½ cups. Microwave for 4 minutes the night before. Let the oatmeal sit in the microwave for 5 minutes (omit this step for a thinner oatmeal). Refrigerate overnight and eat cold in the morning.
Here’s my Pumpkin Spice Syrup recipe.
THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder is available from the Trim Healthy Mama online store.
Don't forget to subscribe via email so you never miss a post! There's a sign up thingy in the sidebar to your right if you're on desktop, or it may be at the bottom of the page if you're on mobile. You can also follow me on Facebook and Pinterest!