This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. If you purchase items through my affiliate links, I receive a small commission but your price doesn't change.
This yummy Pumpkin Spice Syrup is great on Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, Jumbo Pumpkin Pie Pancake (pictured), Pumpkin Spice French Toast in a Bowl, oatmeal, THM Pancakes, and even Zucchini Spice Cake! Practically everything, ya know.
You can use brewed Celestial Seasonings Gingerbread tea instead of water as a base for more flavor, if you like. Hey, Oolong or Rooibos would probably work too.
Trim Healthy Mamas, this is a Fuel Pull recipe (low-carb and low-fat) despite the 2 teaspoons of coconut oil. The limit for an (E)nergizing or Fuel Pull meal is 5 grams of fat or approximately one teaspoon of coconut oil, so unless you intend to inhale a cup of syrup at a time, you’re well within the limits. The coconut oil helps give the syrup a smooth feel and makes it a little thicker. I like to use refined coconut oil in this so I can’t taste it.
Get excited, y’all, because a pumpkin spice version of the ever-popular French Toast in a Bowl is coming your way tomorrow (pictured below). I topped it with this syrup. It was yum.
Want more healthy pumpkin recipes? Right here!
You can find this recipe in my cookbook, Necessary Food.
- 1½ cups water
- 6 T plain pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. refined coconut oil
- ¼ + ⅛ tsp. glucomannan
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. maple flavoring
- 5-6 doonks THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder (a doonk is 1/32 tsp.)
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the water through coconut oil and bring to a boil. Sprinkle the glucomannan in while whisking so it doesn't clump. Whisk the syrup until it thickens slightly (a few minutes), then remove from heat. Whisk in the extracts and sweetener. Let cool and store in the refrigerator. The syrup will get thicker as it cools.
- Serve with Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, a Jumbo Pumpkin Pie Pancake, Pumpkin Spice French Toast in a Bowl, oatmeal, and/or THM Trim Healthy Pancakes.
- For a stronger-flavored syrup, feel free to replace the water with brewed Celestial Seasonings Gingerbread Tea or other tea of your choice.
Click here for a link to a pumpkin pie spice recipe.
- THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder can be purchased from the Trim Healthy Mama online store.
Leave a Reply