This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. Thank you for helping me feed (haha...get it..."feed"...nevermind) my ice cream addiction (and support my site so I can keep giving you free recipes).
Need a simple comfort-food lunch? This lasagna in a bowl wants to be your friend.
It’s super easy, takes very few ingredients, and satisfies many cravings.
This idea isn’t original with me, but I can’t remember where I first heard about lasagna in a bowl/mug. Just like you can serve an eggroll or burrito in a bowl without their respective carbs, you most definitely can make lasagna without noodles. Lots of low-carbers have come up with passable substitutions for noodles in lasagna, but to me, it’s just, why bother? Leave the noodles out and give me the good stuff…the sausage, the sauce, the cheese. All the flavors are there, and I never miss the noodles. One of these days (after I get back from Ohio this fall), I will make a large-scale lasagna bake sans noodles (with measurements, this time). I think that would be awesome.
Question of the day: are you a noodle person, or would you rather just have the guts of the dish?
You can find this recipe in my cookbook, Necessary Food.
- Crumbled sausage of choice (I used pork), cooked and drained
- No-sugar-added pizza sauce
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cottage cheese or ricotta cheese
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Nope, I'm not giving you measurements. Use your own good judgment.
- Mix the seasonings into the cottage or ricotta cheese. Layer the ingredients however you want. I did the following: sausage, sauce, cottage cheese mixture, sausage, sauce, mozzarella.
- Microwave for 2 minutes or until everything is hot and the cheese is melted. Or you could bake it at 350 degrees F until the same conditions are met.
- Hey, I bet you could do this same thing in a big pan and bake it for your family for supper. Lasagna minus the noodles...who needs noodles?
Don't forget to subscribe via email so you never miss a post! There's a sign up thingy in the sidebar to your right if you're on desktop, or it may be at the bottom of the page if you're on mobile. You can also follow me on Facebook and Pinterest!