This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. If you purchase items through my affiliate links, I receive a small commission but your price doesn't change.
Just in case you’re interested, this super simple hardly-even-a-recipe has become one of the most popular recipes on my website! And with good reason. Who doesn’t love some good ol’-fashioned low-carb comfort food like lasagna in a bowl?
Need a simple comfort-food lunch? This lasagna in a bowl wants to be your friend.
It’s super easy, takes very few ingredients, and satisfies many cravings.
This idea isn’t original with me, but I can’t remember where I first heard about lasagna in a bowl/mug. Just like you can serve an eggroll or burrito in a bowl without their respective carbs, you most definitely can make lasagna without noodles. Lots of low-carbers have come up with passable substitutions for noodles in lasagna, but to me, it’s just, why bother? Leave the noodles out and give me the good stuff…the sausage, the sauce, the cheese. All the flavors are there, and I never miss the noodles. One of these days (after I get back from Ohio this fall), I will make a large-scale lasagna bake sans noodles (with measurements, this time). I think that would be awesome.
Update: There’s a Lasagna Bake recipe on page 59 of my first cookbook, Necessary Food!
You may also enjoy:
You can find this recipe in my first cookbook, Necessary Food.
My cookbooks Necessary Food and Convenient Food contain about 400 low-glycemic recipes each, separated by carbs and fats and free of refined sugar and flour (like all the recipes here on my website). I grew up on my momma’s good cooking, and the recipes in these books are mostly just old family favorites made healthy! Now that I’m married, I’m gravitating even more toward quick and easy, and my newest cookbook definitely reflects that! CLICK HERE to check out my cookbooks in more detail and purchase.
- Crumbled sausage of choice (I used pork), cooked and drained
- No-sugar-added pizza sauce
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cottage cheese or ricotta cheese
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Nope, I'm not giving you measurements. Use your own good judgment.
- Mix the seasonings into the cottage or ricotta cheese. Layer the ingredients however you want. I did the following: sausage, sauce, cottage cheese mixture, sausage, sauce, mozzarella.
- Microwave for 2 minutes or until everything is hot and the cheese is melted. Or you could bake it at 350 degrees F until the same conditions are met.
- Hey, I bet you could do this same thing in a big pan and bake it for your family for supper. Lasagna minus the noodles...who needs noodles?