This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. Thank you for helping me feed (haha...get it..."feed"...nevermind) my ice cream addiction (and support my site so I can keep giving you free recipes).
Anyone else ready for the weekend? How about we celebrate with an easy meal-in-one? Today’s recipe is an easy Asian-inspired chicken stir-fry and a seasoned brown rice recipe. I designed this stir-fry recipe to go over the rice, but the rice makes a great side dish on its own! Serve this chicken and rice with a side of green peas and you have dinner.
I included an orange in the stir-fry sauce to add some yummy flavor and natural sweetness. This addition along with the side of rice makes this meal into a THM:E(nergizing) one. Want more orange flavor? Feel free to add a dash of orange extract! I would’ve loved to add some extra orange as well as some extra Super Sweet Blend, but I was trying to keep the sauce pretty mild for my family. They have more “traditional” taste buds than I do.
And while we’re talking about tweaking, you’re more than welcome to add some veggies right into the stir-fry for a true one-pot-wonder that covers all the nutritional bases.
I did some actual baking today for the first time in awhile (trying to get some posts ready to schedule for while I’m traveling in a week or two). You can get a sneak peek into what I was making over here on my Facebook page….
You may also enjoy:
- Starting THM
- my recipe index
- my recipes grouped by fuel type, allergy info, and theme
- all my fall recipes
- all my E dessert recipes
The special cookbook preorder price of $19.99 is only available through October 31st (next Monday), so order now!
- 1 lg. onion, diced
- 1 med. orange, peeled and diced
- ⅔ c. water
- ⅓ c. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- ½ tsp. THM Super Sweet Blend
- ½ tsp. ginger
- ½ tsp. xanthan gum
- 3 lb. chicken breast, chunked
- Salt, to taste (if needed)
- 4 c. cooked brown rice
- 2 T. hot water
- 1 tsp. chicken bouillon
- 2 T reduced-sodium soy sauce
- ½ tsp. each dill weed, onion powder
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Salt, to taste (if needed)
- Add the first section of ingredients to an electric skillet, sprinkling in the xanthan gum while whisking to avoid clumping. Bring the sauce ingredients to a boil, then add the chicken. Cover and cook until the chicken is done. Taste and add salt if desired. Serve over seasoned brown rice.
- Make the rice while the chicken cooks. Dissolve the chicken bouillon in the hot water and add it and the rest of the ingredients to the rice. Stir and heat. Serve.
Don't forget to subscribe via email so you never miss a post! There's a sign up thingy in the sidebar to your right if you're on desktop, or it may be at the bottom of the page if you're on mobile. You can also follow me on Facebook and Pinterest!