This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. If you purchase items through my affiliate links, I receive a small commission but your price doesn't change.
Two pieces of awesomeness for you today: an easy chicken recipe that looks gourmet and includes BACON as one of its four ingredients, and a giveaway of a scrumptious Mediterranean spice rub!
PS – I’m going to be *finally* switching web hosts the beginning of next week which will hopefully fix a lot of my site issues (including the slowness that I’ve been noticing lately)! There might be some site downtime while the switch is happening, so don’t be alarmed, and if you know you’re going to need a specific recipe next week, be sure to go print it out now so you have it!
Bacon makes everything better, but I do not have many bacon recipes here on my site. Sadness. I knew I wanted to do a bacon-wrapped chicken at some point, so when the s.a.l.t. sisters contacted me about reviewing some of their products, I picked out a spice rub that I thought would pair well with bacon for an easy entrée recipe that makes you look like an experienced chef.
The Mediterranean Spice Rub from the s.a.l.t. sisters is a-maz-ing. My whole family agreed that it has a great flavor and thought it paired well with the bacon and chicken. Maybe bacon isn’t a very authentic Mediterranean ingredient, but if it tastes good, what does that matter? Having a prepared spice rub on hand makes this recipe a cinch! There are just four ingredients in this recipe and it comes together in a flash.
Don’t have the Mediterranean Rub? Do yourself a favor and buy some (the s.a.l.t. sisters are offering my readers a discount right now! Just use the code saltsisters25 to get a whopping 25% off your order during this giveaway!), or use your own favorite spice rub. Since using this spice rub and realizing just how handy it is for seasoning, I want to come up with a few spice rub recipes of my own in the future!
S.a.l.t. sisters carries all kinds of great, all-natural products, many of which pair well with the Trim Healthy Mama way of eating. Natural and flavored salts, teas, herbs, spice rubs – you name it, they carry it! All products are, “fresh, unrefined, non-GMO, [and] gluten free without any artificial fillers or MSG”. S.a.l.t. sisters does use some natural sugars such as cane sugar in some of its products, so Trim Healthy Mamas, be sure to check ingredients before you buy. (For the duration of this giveaway, use the code “saltsisters25” to get a hefty 25% off of your order before shipping!)
Posts/pages you might enjoy:
- A bacon recipe roundup I did awhile back
- My 5 ingredient (or less) recipes
- My entrée recipes in one sweet picture index
- My side dishes in their own picture index
- My “Starting THM” page
- Briana’s THM Staples and Where to Find Them (for the best price)
- The new THM Blogger Test Kitchen Facebook group (recipes in albums by category, contests, scary selfies, and more!)
You can find this recipe in my cookbook, Necessary Food.
Enter via the Rafflecopter widget right here! This is the only way to enter. Sometimes Rafflecopter can be finicky with mobile, so if you’re having trouble, try to find a computer to enter from.
For the duration of this giveaway, use the code “saltsisters25” to get a hefty 25% off of your order before shipping!
All products are, “fresh, unrefined, non-GMO, [and] gluten free without any artificial fillers or MSG”.
- 3 lb. chicken breast, sliced into strips
- Seasoning rub of choice (I used the Mediterranean Rub by the s.a.l.t. sisters)
- 1 lb. pork bacon (I used thick slice, but thin slice would probably work too and might leave you with a crispier result)
- Cracked pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sprinkle the chicken generously with your seasoning rub of choice. Wrap a slice of bacon around each piece of chicken (I sliced a couple of big chicken breasts into 13 pieces, which was the amount of bacon slices I had in my 1 lb. package of thick sliced bacon). Place the bacon-wrapped chicken onto a broiler pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle each piece with cracked pepper. Bake at 400 degrees F on the second rack down from the top of your oven for approximately 30 minutes or just until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear (baking time may vary according to how thick you sliced your chicken). Turn the oven onto "Broil" for a few minutes at the end of the baking time if desired to get your bacon nice and crispy. Yields 8-10 servings
A broiler pan is like a grill pan for the oven. It has slots in the bottom so the juices from the meat can run into the drip pan below. If you don't have a broiler pan, you could try to improvise using an oven-safe wire rack on top of a cookie sheet.
If you don't do pork, you could try using turkey bacon in this recipe. It might get kind of dry, though.