This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. If you purchase items through my affiliate links, I receive a small commission but your price doesn't change.
‘Tis the season for candy! Today I’m posting two of my favorites: peanut butter fudge and chocolate cream cheese truffles! Comment below and tell me what your all-time favorite Christmas candy is! Mine would have to be buckeyes. You can see a healthified recipe for those by clicking here.
I think these truffles are my mom’s new favorite Christmas candy. I rolled mine in finely shredded unsweetened coconut, but the possibilities are endless. You could do plain ol’ cocoa powder, Lily’s chocolate chips, crushed nuts, or crushed sugar free peppermints!
These truffles take a secret ingredient: beans. Yep – canned beans! Don’t worry: they’re well rinsed and drained, you can’t taste them, and the truffles have a delightfully smooth texture. Trim Healthy Mamas, beans are usually an E fuel, but in this recipe the carbs from the beans come to 1.5 grams of net carbs per truffle. Even if you have a couple, you’re still well within S guidelines.
You can find this recipe in my cookbook, Necessary Food.
- 1 15.5 oz. can black beans, rinsed well and drained
- 1 8 oz. package reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup refined coconut oil, softened
- 3 T salted butter, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup oat fiber
- 1 T THM Super Sweet Blend, or more to taste
- ⅛ tsp. THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder
- ½ tsp. xanthan gum
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Coatings of choice: shredded unsweetened coconut, chopped peanuts, cocoa powder, granulated sweetener, etc.
- Combine the first four ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Add the rest of the truffle ingredients and mix again. Chill the dough in the freezer for a little bit until it's firm and scoopable. Use a tablespoon cookie scoop to scoop balls of the truffle dough onto a wax paper-lined cookie sheet. Chill in the freezer until fairly firm, then roll the balls into the desired coatings of your choice. Store in the refrigerator. Yields about 35 truffles.
- Oat Fiber
- Xanthan Gum
- THM Super Sweet Blend, Pure Stevia Extract Powder, and gluten free oat fiber can all be purchased from the Trim Healthy Mama online store.