This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. If you purchase items through my affiliate links, I receive a small commission but your price doesn't change.
What happens when your mom gets sausage patties out of the freezer for supper but you don’t want to just make sausage patties and scrambled eggs? You make a quiche and use the sausage patties as the base! Add some unique veggies for a filler (since we Trim Healthy Mamas don’t use bread crumbs or potatoes), garnish with colorful peppers, and call it a meal. My mom absolutely loved it! (The rest of the family didn’t think it was too bad, either.)
If you don’t want to use sausage patties, a layer of cooked crumbled sausage would work too.
If you’re interested in another breakfast casserole recipe with a unique filler ingredient that mimics hashbrowns but stays low carb (THM:S), check out the breakfast casserole recipe on page 66 of my cookbook, Necessary Food! The Bacon Lattice Quiche on page 64 is pretty cool, too.
You may also enjoy:
- Starting THM
- my recipe index
- my recipes grouped by fuel type, allergy info, and theme
- my casserole recipes
- Italian Meatball Casserole
- Skillet Yumzetti
As always, check out the Notes section of the recipe for extra info. Check out the links in and below the recipe to see the products I use and recommend. Some of the links included in the recipe and blog post are affiliate links, which means that if you make purchases through these links, I make a small commission to help defray the costs of running this blog (at no extra charge to you). Thanks for your help!
- 12 uncooked pork sausage patties
- 3 c. finely-chopped fresh broccoli*
- 1 med. onion, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- ⅓ c. unsweetened almond milk
- ½ tsp. each dill weed, garlic powder, paprika, salt
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 small colorful peppers, sliced horizontally (for garnish)
- Place the sausage patties in the bottom of a greased 9"x13" pan (they should cover the bottom of the pan). Mix the second set of ingredients together with a hand mixer, then pour the mixture over the sausage. Top the casserole with the mozzarella cheese and sliced peppers and bake (uncovered) at 350* for 45 minutes or until solid in the middle.
If you don't want to use sausage patties, just use a layer of cooked crumbled sausage. You could even just mix this right in with the egg mixture.