This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. Thanks for helping me feed (haha...get it..."feed"...nevermind) my ice cream addiction (and support my site so I can keep giving you free recipes).
First published 4/11/14. Pictures updated 10/20/15.
My friend Emily introduced me to Italian Cream Sodas several years ago, and I just enjoyed one with her a couple of weeks ago. I did it, Emily! I THMed it!
My rendition is a Fuel Pull for Trim Healthy Mamas, meaning that it’s both low carb and low fat. It’s not meant to be an all-day sipper, but you can enjoy it with a meal or snack as a refreshing drink.
Feel free to use your own favorite extract/flavor oil flavor to customize this drink to your tastes. I love the refreshing raspberry version using Raspberry LorAnn Flavor Oil. Serve the drink over lots of ice and make sure you get it sweet enough and you’ll have a coffee-shop-worthy drink at home (for pennies on the dollar of what a Starbucks version would cost)!
You can find this recipe in my cookbook, Necessary Food.
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- Level T Greek yogurt
- 2-3 doonks THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder (a doonk is 1/32 tsp.)
- 1 T Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ tsp. vitamin C powder
- 5 drops of Lorann Royal Raspberry flavoring oil
- 1 rounded tsp. vanilla whey protein powder
- Generous dash of vanilla
- Doonk glucomannan (1/32 tsp.)
- Blend for 5-10 seconds. Let set for 10 seconds. Blend again.
- Serve over lots of ice and top with Fat-Free Reddi-Whip if desired.
Substitute your favorite extract or flavor oil for the raspberry, if desired.
For Vitamin C powder, I just use Ball Fruit Fresh. You can find it at a local grocery store.
- This is one of my favorite flavorings: Lorann Royal Raspberry Flavor Oil
- Whey Protein Powder
- Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder
- Ball Fruit Fresh – my somewhat unorthodox vitamin C powder