This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. Thank you for helping me feed (haha...get it..."feed"...nevermind) my ice cream addiction (and support my site so I can keep giving you free recipes).
First published 4/11/14. Pictures updated 10/20/15.
My friend Emily introduced me to Italian Cream Sodas several years ago, and I just enjoyed one with her a couple of weeks ago. I did it, Emily! I THMed it!
My rendition is a Fuel Pull for Trim Healthy Mamas, meaning that it’s both low carb and low fat. It’s not meant to be an all-day sipper, but you can enjoy it with a meal or snack as a refreshing drink.
Feel free to use your own favorite extract/flavor oil flavor to customize this drink to your tastes. I love the refreshing raspberry version using Raspberry LorAnn Flavor Oil. Serve the drink over lots of ice and make sure you get it sweet enough and you’ll have a coffee-shop-worthy drink at home (for pennies on the dollar of what a Starbucks version would cost)!
You can find this recipe in my cookbook, Necessary Food.
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- Level T Greek yogurt
- 2-3 doonks THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder (a doonk is 1/32 tsp.)
- 1 T Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ tsp. vitamin C powder
- 5 drops of Lorann Royal Raspberry flavoring oil
- 1 rounded tsp. vanilla whey protein powder
- Generous dash of vanilla
- Doonk glucomannan (1/32 tsp.)
- Blend for 5-10 seconds. Let set for 10 seconds. Blend again.
- Serve over lots of ice and top with Fat-Free Reddi-Whip if desired.
Substitute your favorite extract or flavor oil for the raspberry, if desired.
For Vitamin C powder, I just use Ball Fruit Fresh. You can find it at a local grocery store.
- This is one of my favorite flavorings: Lorann Royal Raspberry Flavor Oil
- Whey Protein Powder
- Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder
- Ball Fruit Fresh – my somewhat unorthodox vitamin C powder
Don't forget to subscribe via email so you never miss a post! There's a sign up thingy in the sidebar to your right if you're on desktop, or it may be at the bottom of the page if you're on mobile. You can also follow me on Facebook and Pinterest!