This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. If you purchase items through my affiliate links, I receive a small commission but your price doesn't change.
I apologize, folks…I know it seems like I’ve been MIA lately, but to tell you the truth, after getting back from Bible school I’m having a hard time getting back into the swing of things. Add to my lack of inspiration the fact that two days after I got home, my computer developed a nasty virus and has been virtually unusable…yeah, that’s why I haven’t been around much. I’m trying to get back on my feet, though, and I’m tentatively planning on investing in a new computer this week, so hopefully things are on the upswing.
When you’re lacking inspiration in the kitchen but still feel like you need to be concocting new recipes for your blog, your mind starts drifting to post ideas like “Quick Snacks and Meals”, “5 Ingredient Favorites”, and “Kitchen Tips for the Hopelessly Lazy”. Therefore, I give you this quick, 5-ingredient snack/dessert/breakfast.
You want to know why this recipe is awesome? I’ll give you a nice, neat, bulleted list of reasons:
- It’s an E dessert for Trim Healthy Mamas. I’m always running short on E dessert ideas.
- It already includes protein, so it can be used as a snack on its own.
- It only takes 5 ingredients.
- It can be made ahead.
- You could multiply the recipe no problem (if someone does this, let me know how long it keeps).
- You could substitute other fruits for the peaches, if you like.
- If you use strawberries or other berries of choice, it would be a Fuel Pull (both low-carb and low-fat!).
- It’s easy. Score.
You can find this recipe in my cookbook, Necessary Food.
- Heat the almond milk until boiling. Stir in the gelatin and let set a few minutes to cool down a bit.
- Blend all the ingredients together until completely smooth (I use my Ninja single-serve cup). Pour into a bowl and refrigerate for several hours until thick. Enjoy!
- For a larger, more Jello-salad-ish version, bloom 2 tsp. Knox gelatin in 1½ cups of almond milk for 5 minutes, then heat just until boiling. Blend this hot mixture with 1 cup of sliced peaches (thawed if frozen), ½ cup low fat cottage cheese, 5 doonks THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder, and a dash of salt until completely smooth. Pour into a bowl and refrigerate for several hours until firm. Yields 4 servings.
Feel free to stir in chunks of fruit after blending, if you wish.
If you want a thicker "Jello" consistency, add more gelatin.
- I use my Ninja single-serve blender cup to blend this recipe. The cup comes with this Ninja blender set.
- Unflavored gelatin
- THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder can be purchased from the Trim Healthy Mama online store.