This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. If you purchase items through my affiliate links, I receive a small commission but your price doesn't change.
How are those New Year’s resolutions working out for ya? 😉 I’m always amazed by the drastic increase of interest in healthy recipes at the beginning of a new year, but the most shocking change comes between December 24th and December 26th. It’s like people are just waiting for Christmas Day to be over before they “get serious” again. I can relate – I’ve been there, done that. I definitely indulged a little bit over the holidays myself, but I’m ready to get back on track. More or less, I’m just tired of all the heavy food. Even if a lot of what I ate was healthy, holiday food just tends to be really rich and calorie-dense, and I’m ready for some lighter fare. This quick and easy Creamy Sweet Potato Bisque is the perfect solution.
You know what’s awesome? This bisque doesn’t take any special ingredients, so it’s perfect for people who are just starting out on a healthy eating plan like Trim Healthy Mama but haven’t amassed many new ingredients yet! I did use a little bit of stevia in this soup to sweeten it up just a tad, but the sweet potato already makes the soup sweet so you can either just leave the stevia out or substitute an equivalent amount of a sweetener that you can find at your local grocery store. This sweetener conversion chart will show you how.
While we’re talking about sweeteners and newbies, if you’re new to alternative sweeteners and are wondering what you should get, click here for some advice in that area.
Other pages you might be interested in if you’re just starting out on THM (or healthy eating in general):
- My recipe index, where you can find all my recipes grouped by category in a nifty picture index.
- Another picture index where you can find my recipes grouped by fuel type, allergy info, and neat categories like “Soups”, “Single Serve”, “Peanut Butter”, “Pies”, etc.
- Substitution FAQs and Baking Tips
- Sample menu index
- “What’s on My Plate?” index
- Trim Healthy Tips index
Back to the soup. It’s important to get protein into every meal, and the protein source in this soup is the cottage cheese. The 1/3 cup of cottage cheese in this soup adds 8g of protein, so if you’re not eating any other protein source with the soup, you may wish to add a scoop of collagen or gelatin to hold you over longer.
As always, check out the Notes section of the recipe for extra info. Check out the links in and below the recipe to see the products I use and recommend. Some of the links included in the recipe and blog post are affiliate links, which means that if you make purchases through these links, I make a small commission to help defray the costs of running this blog (at no extra charge to you). Thanks for your help!
You may also enjoy:
- Starting THM
- my recipe index
- my recipes grouped by fuel type, allergy info, and theme
- all my soup recipes
Want other great soup recipes? My cookbook has a boatload of them!
- 1 c. baked sweet potato (I left the skin on mine)
- 1 c. water
- ⅓ c. low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. chicken bouillon
- ¼ tsp. each cinnamon, garlic powder
- 1/32 tsp. (1 doonk) THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder
- Dash each ginger, black pepper
- Blend all the ingredients together in a high-powered blender for 1-2 minutes or until completely smooth (I used a Vitamix). If your blender has a soup setting, you can use that; or you can blend everything smooth, then heat in the microwave or on the stove.
- Feel free to multiply this easy soup for your family!
Leave a Reply