This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. If you purchase items through my affiliate links, I receive a small commission but your price doesn't change.
Want cheesecake flavor without going to the work of making a cheesecake? Make this pudding instead! You don’t even have to cook it!
If you want to make a cheesecake, I do happen to have a recipe for a dreamy New York – style cheesecake. Just sayin’.
I’m thinking that this creamy pudding would make a great cheesecake ice cream. If making this into ice cream, I would omit the gelatin and replace half of the water with cream. Blend all the ingredients together (don’t bother to heat the almond milk), and churn in a countertop ice cream maker (I use this model). Ta-dah!
And a goofy picture of me early in the morning, because there aren’t enough of them on this blog (note the sarcasm)…
You can find this recipe in my cookbook, Necessary Food.
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¾ tsp. unflavored gelatin (such as Knox brand - if using a beef gelatin such as Great Lakes brand or THM Just Gelatin, add an extra ¼ tsp.)
- 3 oz. full fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 fresh egg yolks
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 doonks THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder (a doonk is 1/32 tsp.)
- Rounded ¼ tsp. glucomannan
- Dash salt
- ⅓ cup cottage cheese
- ½ cup water
- Sweetened whipped cream and 85-100% dark chocolate shavings for garnish, optional
- Heat the almond milk until it is boiling (microwave works great). Stir in the gelatin and let it set for a few minutes.
- Blend all ingredients except for the water until completely smooth (this includes the almond milk/gelatin mixture). I use a NInja single-serve blender cup and it works great.
- Pour the blended mixture into a bowl and blend the water in the blender to clean it out. Add the water to the rest of the ingredients and stir until completely mixed. Refrigerate for 4 hours or more (overnight works great) until thick. Serve with sweetened whipped cream and shavings of 85-100% dark chocolate, if desired.
If you're worried about salmonella from uncooked eggs, wash the egg shells with soap and water before cracking them open. Salmonella is carried on the *outside* of the egg.
- Ninja blender
- Unflavored gelatin
- THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder can be purchased from the Trim Healthy Mama online store.