This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. If you purchase items through my affiliate links, I receive a small commission but your price doesn't change.
I’m sure this is an idea that most of you have already thought of and implemented, but in case you haven’t, I thought I’d tell you about it. This fried cream cheese and berry taco is one of my favorite “naughty-tasting” desserts, and it happens to be a great way to get that fried food fix while ingesting your daily dose of coconut oil. Coconut oil has tons of amazing properties that a science textbook would do a better job of explaining than I would. In common English: I feel better when I eat coconut oil and it helps me lose weight and feel trim.
This taco is very easy and only takes a couple of ingredients. Simply place a low carb tortilla on a flat surface, smear some cream cheese over it (either full or reduced fat), add a dollop of Greek yogurt for more creaminess and protein without many calories, top with some blueberries (fresh or frozen), sprinkle a packet of Truvia over the top, fold it up, and fry it in coconut oil. Sorry guys…this is another recipe that I refuse to give measurements on because it’s just that simple. I’ll try to give a few approximations in the recipe below. You could easily substitute strawberries, blackberries, or raspberries for the blueberries.
Trim Healthy Mamas, this can be used as an S snack or dessert.
Question of the day: what’s your favorite way to get your daily dose of coconut oil?
You can find this recipe in my cookbook, Necessary Food.
- 1 low carb tortilla
- 1-2 T cream cheese (reduced or full fat, softened if necessary)
- 2-3 T Greek yogurt
- Small handful of fresh or frozen blueberries or other berry of choice
- 1 packet of Truvia (3/4 tsp. spoonable Truvia, or half that of THM Super Sweet Blend)
- Dash of salt, optional
- Coconut oil for frying
- Spread the cream cheese in the middle of the low carb tortilla (leaving space for folding on all four sides). Top with the Greek yogurt and blueberries, and sprinkle the Truvia and salt over the top of everything. Fold each side over and secure in the middle with a toothpick (so it looks like a square wrapped present). Fry on both sides in coconut oil until golden brown and crispy. Enjoy!
- THM Super Sweet Blend can be purchased from the Trim Healthy Mama online store.
Leave a Reply