This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. If you purchase items through my affiliate links, I receive a small commission but your price doesn't change.
Hey guys! Checking in on you here first thing Monday morning to give you something to look forward to today: an ooey-gooey-delicious Creamy Pumpkin Chocolate Fried Taco. Yup, crispy fried goodness combining three fantastic elements – pumpkin, cream cheese, and chocolate – and it won’t even make you fat. If you’re unfamiliar with the fried taco concept, you’ve come to the right place. The Fried Cream Cheese & Berry Taco was the original, and beaucoup de fried tacos followed.
Click here for all the fried taco recipes.
I mentioned this in last week’s Pumpkin Chip Mug Muffin post, but in case you missed it, I’ve been tweaking and expanding the “Starting THM” page here on my blog recently. (You can find this page in the menu right below the logo at the top of the page – or just CLICK HERE.) This page includes a brief synopsis of THM, a quick checklist of some of the best things you can do to get started, lots of helpful links, and direct links to THM-friendly products from various online stores so you can shop around and get the best price. I’ve also included descriptions of many of these items (in case you’re wondering what on earth glucomannan is!). This page can always be at your fingertips if you need help finding information or a product, so bookmark it!
You may also enjoy:
my recipe index
recipe index by fuel type/allergy/theme
my pumpkin recipes
my fried taco recipes
PB&J Fried Taco
As always, check out the Notes section of the recipe for extra info. Check out the links in and below the recipe to see the products I use and recommend. Some of the links included in the recipe and blog post are affiliate links, which means that if you make purchases through these links, I make a small commission to help defray the costs of running this blog (at no extra charge to you). Thanks for your help!
You can pin this recipe here:
- 1 low-carb tortilla
- 2 T. reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 T. plain canned pumpkin puree
- 1 T. sugar-free chocolate chips (or chopped 85% dark chocolate)
- ½ - 1 tsp. THM Super Sweet Blend
- ⅛ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Dash salt
- Refined coconut oil (for frying)
- Spread the cream cheese and pumpkin in the center of the low-carb tortilla. Top with the chocolate chips, Super Sweet Blend, pumpkin pie spice, and a dash of salt. Mash the ingredients together a bit with a spoon to combine the flavors so you don't get one giant bite of only cream cheese or only pumpkin. Fold the sides of the tortilla over like you're wrapping a present and secure the flaps with 2 toothpicks. Fry the package in coconut oil on both sides until brown and crispy, then remove the toothpicks and enjoy!
I used ½ tsp. THM Super Sweet Blend because I don't like my stuff to be killer sweet, but feel free to use more to your own personal tastes, especially if you use dark chocolate instead of sugar-free chocolate chips.
Leave a Reply