This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. If you purchase items through my affiliate links, I receive a small commission but your price doesn't change.
Yes, I’m kind of posting a random side dish recipe in the middle of the week, but I have a reason. A very cool reason. *drumroll* It’s because I’m going to be posting a Thanksgiving meal menu recipe roundup thingy-ma-jig next week and I thought we need some mashed
potatoes cauliflower for Thanksgiving. To sop up all that awesome gravy, ya know?
No, I’m not going to call these mashed potatoes. This is mashed cauliflower. It does not taste like potatoes. However, it is a wonderful healthy substitute for mashed potatoes to give you that creamy, gravy-filled goodness that you want.
I photographed these mashed caulitoes with fried fish one night. I’ve also enjoyed them with some beef and gravy I made in the crockpot. I haven’t posted either of those recipes yet, but hopefully someday I’ll get around to it.
This recipe is super simple and only takes five ingredients. I’d say that’s pretty doable. Enjoy!
You can find this recipe in my cookbook, Necessary Food.
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets and steamed until very soft
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. crushed garlic (I used Trader Joe's brand)
- 4 oz. cream cheese (I used reduced fat)
- Steam the cauliflower until it's very soft. Drain the cauliflower very well and blend it with the other ingredients until completely smooth (I used my Ninja blender). You may need to scrape down the sides of the blender with a spatula on occasion. Reheat if desired. Serve and enjoy! If you want to be fancy, top with some melted butter and sprinkle with some dill weed.
- Serving information may vary according to the size of your head of cauliflower.