This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. If you purchase items through my affiliate links, I receive a small commission but your price doesn't change.
Disclaimer: I dislike coffee!
But I knew I wanted some coffee recipes in my upcoming cookbook for all you strange coffee-loving people, so I took one for the team and came up with this one. Even to this non-coffee drinker, it’s not bad at all. If you like coffee it’ll probably be great (I’m hoping).
The key (which my little sister informed me of) is to use real coffee as your flavor base – not instant coffee granules. She is totally right.
I used my favorite LorAnn flavor oil – Chocolate Hazelnut – to give this Java Chip Freeze a cool flavor, but if you don’t have that, a) go to your nearest cake-decorating store and get some, b) order some online, or c) just use your favorite flavoring. Just make sure it’s a flavor that pairs well with coffee. I wouldn’t suggest banana, or something like that.
Are you a fellow non-coffee-drinker? Try my Bulletproof Chai!
You can find this recipe in my cookbook, Necessary Food.
- Heaping cup crushed ice
- ⅔ cup cold coffee
- 2 T heavy whipping cream
- 2 T cottage cheese
- ½-1 scoop whey protein powder
- Rounded ¼ tsp. glucomannan
- 3 doonks THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder (a doonk is 1/32 tsp.), or more to taste
- Dash of vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
- 4 drops LorAnn Chocolate Hazelnut flavor oil (or use a dash of your favorite extract)
- 85% dark chocolate, chopped
- Blend all ingredients except for the chocolate together until smooth and creamy. Add more ice for a thicker shake, if desired, and add more sweetener if you like. Stir in the chocolate chunks by hand. Enjoy! Serves 1.
- Lorann Chocolate Hazelnut Flavor Oil
- THM Pristine Whey, glucomannan, and Pure Stevia Extract Powder can be purchased from the Trim Healthy Mama online store.
Leave a Reply