This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. If you purchase items through my affiliate links, I receive a small commission but your price doesn't change.
First published 5/2/14. Recipe and pictures updated 11/4/15.
How about a nice, ice-cold drink for summer which is fast approaching?
Lisa Hostetler, this one is for you. 😉
I’m going to get myself expelled for this, but…
the more fat free Reddi-Whip and sugar free chocolate syrup, the better…
Stir the goodness into your iced coffee for a richer, more coffee-shop-authentic taste. (Disclaimer: if you’re having problems losing weight, it would behoove you to use less of these “frankenfoods”.)
Here is a link to the Chocolate Hazelnut Flavor Oil I use. Love the coffee shop flavor it adds to this drink!
I recommend using Hershey’s Sugar-Free Chocolate Syrup. It’s mostly sweetened with erythritol, which is gentle on your blood sugar.
You can find this recipe in my cookbook, Necessary Food.
- 1 T instant decaf coffee granules (or your desired amount of cold coffee)
- ½-1 cup unsweetened almond milk (the more you use, the richer it is)
- Dash of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cocoa powder
- Dash of salt
- 3 doonks THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder, or more, to taste (a doonk is 1/32 tsp.)
- 1 tsp. vanilla whey protein powder (or use half a scoop to turn this into a snack on its own)
- Optional: 1-2 T heavy whipping cream (this takes it into S territory and is no longer low fat; if you omit, use the higher amount of almond milk.)
- Optional: additional flavoring of choice. I used 5 drops of Chocolate Hazelnut Lorann's flavor oil. That was awesome.
- Blend all ingredients together. Fill a quart-sized canning jar with ice, pour the coffee mixture over it, and fill the rest of the way with cold water. Shake/stir, top with fat free Reddi-Whip and sugar-free chocolate syrup and sip away. Trim Healthy Mamas, this is NOT an all day sipper.
- Whey Protein Powder
- Lorann Chocolate Hazelnut Flavor Oil
- Hershey Sugar-Free Chocolate Syrup (sweetened mostly with erythritol)
- THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder