This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. If you purchase items through my affiliate links, I receive a small commission but your price doesn't change.
The combination of frozen coffee, protein powder, and glucomannan fluffs up and quickly thickens into an amazing coffee pudding! I’m not much of a coffee lover, but even I enjoyed this quick and easy pudding. Confession: it was supposed to be a coffee drink. It turned into a pudding because of the amount of glucomannan (a natural thickening agent) I used. As I started spooning my “drink” into my mouth, I realized that it was actually a perfect pudding texture. Not a fail after all! In fact, it was really neat for something different. If you want a coffee drink, just leave part or all of the glucomannan out (I’d still use 1/8-1/4 tsp. for smoothness), but do yourself a favor and try it as pudding first because it’s really a neat texture!
Trim Healthy Mamas, this is a handy Fuel Pull snack. It uses half and half for creaminess while keeping the fat down (not that fat is bad, but it’s good to give your body a calorie break once in awhile). You can replace this with cream for a snack that’s not as light (but extra creamy). In that case, it would be an S for Trim Healthy Mamas.
As I shared in a post earlier this week, there are some exciting giveaways and sales going on right now! In a nutshell…
- Click here to enter to win an Instant Pot, a giveaway sponsored by all of us blogger admins from the THM Blogger Test Kitchen (Unofficial) Facebook group! This giveaway ends at midnight CDT, May 7th, 2016.
- Click here to check out my interview with Monica Miller, the 19 year old editor-in-chief of a new Christian magazine for young girls, and enter to win a year’s subscription to Vibrant Girl! This giveaway ends at midnight EST, May 9th, 2016.
- Click here to go pick up some of the Trim Healthy Mama Naturals skincare products while they’re 20% off (through midnight CST, May 8th, 2016)!
As always, remember to check out the Notes section of the recipe for substitution info and answers to FAQs. Also check out the “Suggested products” section below the recipe to see links to the products that I used to make this Instant Frozen Coffee Pudding.
Other posts/pages you might enjoy:
- Starting THM
- my complete picture recipe index
- all my single serve recipes
- Iced Coffee
- Iced Vanilla Chai
- Java Ice Cream
- Java Chip Freeze
You can find this recipe in my cookbook, Necessary Food.
- 8 coffee ice cubes (coffee frozen in standard ice cube trays)
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk (or carton coconut milk for a nut free version)
- 3 T half and half*
- 1 T cocoa powder
- ½ scoop protein powder of choice
- 2 tsp. THM Super Sweet Blend (or more if desired)
- ½ tsp. glucomannan**
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Hearty pinch of salt
- Dash of caramel extract or other extract of choice
- Blend all the ingredients together until creamy and smooth. Let the mixture set for 20 seconds and blend again. Taste the pudding and add more sweetener if desired. If it’s not thick, blend a little longer. Feel free to top with a squirt of Reddi-Whip and some sugar-free chocolate syrup (or homemade whipped cream and 85% dark chocolate shavings for an S version that is no longer low fat). Yields 1 serving.
**To make this a frozen coffee drink instead of a pudding, decrease or omit the glucomannan.
If you don't like coffee, you could try replacing the coffee ice cubes with ice cubes made from unsweetened almond milk or a tea of your choice. You may need to amp up the other flavors if you do this.
Most people with nut allergies can handle coconut just fine, but check with your doctor first to make sure.
- This is the protein powder I used. I’ve also used THM Pristine Whey Protein Powder.
- Glucomannan or THM Organic Glucomannan
- THM Super Sweet Blend is one of my favorite sweeteners. I’ve found that it pairs better with chocolate and coffee things than THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder does. You could also use THM Gentle Sweet, which isn’t quite as concentrated as Super Sweet Blend is (you’ll need about twice the amount of Gentle Sweet as the Sweet Blend called for).
- Watkins Caramel Extract
- Hershey Sugar-Free Chocolate Syrup is sweetened mostly with erythritol!