This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. If you purchase items through my affiliate links, I receive a small commission but your price doesn't change.
Betcha can’t tell what popular candy bar flavor these Joyous Almond Bites were inspired by. 😉 Because of copyrights (especially when I put this recipe into the cookbook I’m working on), I decided to come up with my own name. There really is a method to the madness around here. I don’t go around calling a cookie bar recipe “Brianafinger Bars” to give you nightmares. Just thought I’d clarify that.
These little candy bites are made up of coconut flakes, chocolate chunks, and almonds! If you’re not a nut fan (or have a nut allergy), just leave off the almonds. No problem, mate. Want to make them a little more fancy? Drizzle with some melted 85% dark chocolate, Lily’s chocolate chips, or Trim Healthy Chocolate Chips. Of course I didn’t take the time to do that, and I liked them just fine. 😛
Can I just take a moment to tell you that these are super easy to make? Christmas candy does not have to be complicated. Especially when it’s made after Christmas because a certain food blogger didn’t have her act together and get the recipe posted before Christmas. We won’t mention any names. But hey – if you read last week’s personal life update, you know why recipes aren’t getting posted in as timely a fashion as usual. I’m hoping that things will get back on a better schedule now that I have some recipes stockpiled for the future.
You may also enjoy:
As always, check out the Notes section of the recipe for extra info. Check out the links in and below the recipe to see the products I use and recommend. Some of the links included in the recipe and blog post are affiliate links, which means that if you make purchases through these links, I make a small commission (but your price doesn’t change).
Want to start the New Year out right? Grab a copy of my cookbook to get nearly 400 RECIPES to jump start your healthy journey! You’ll find lots of our Thomas family church cookbook favorites made healthy in this easy-to-use, hard cover/spiral bound book. CLICK HERE for details!
- 2 c. unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 c. oat fiber (use gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 T. + 1 tsp. THM Super Sweet Blend
- ½ tsp. xanthan gum
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder
- 75 g 85% dark chocolate (3 sections of the Moser Roth brand from Aldi)(chopped)
- ¾ c. refined coconut oil (melted)
- ½ c. water
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 28 whole almonds
- Whisk the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix well with a hand mixer.
- Use your hand to press the dough together into a big blob, then scoop it with a 1-tablespoon cookie scoop. Use your fingers to squish the blobs together into little mounds, then press an almond into the center of each. Store in an airtight container.