This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. If you purchase items through my affiliate links, I receive a small commission but your price doesn't change.
First published 6/3/14. Pictures updated 10/12/15. I changed the name to “Single-Serve Horsetracks Ice Cream” on 12.6.16, but the recipe is the same as always.
My mother gave this one her stamp of approval. We share a common love of Moosetracks ice cream. I told you it’s hereditary.
Click here for a larger ice cream maker version of this ice cream.
You can find this recipe in my cookbook, Necessary Food.
- 1 cup crushed ice
- ⅓ cup cottage cheese
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½-1 scoop protein powder
- Rounded ¼ tsp. glucomannan
- Dash of salt
- 3 doonks of THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder (a doonk is 1/32 tsp.)
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Natural peanut butter (1-2 T)
- 1 T refined coconut oil, melted
- 1-1½ tsp. cocoa powder, depending on how dark you like your chocolate
- ½ tsp. THM Gentle Sweet *or* ½ tsp. Truvia, ground in a coffee grinder *or* 1 doonk THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder, to taste
- Mix together the chocolate ingredients in a small bowl.
- Blend the ice cream ingredients together in a high-powered blender (I use my handy Ninja single-serving cups). If you need to add a little more almond milk to get it to blend smoothly, do so, but you'll need to freeze the ice cream longer to firm up. Put the ice cream in a freezer-safe bowl and swirl in the peanut butter and chocolate mixture. Freeze for 40 minutes to an hour, stirring twice within the first half hour for optimum consistency. Serve once desired texture is reached. Eat it by yourself for breakfast or a snack, or use it as a dessert for 2-3 people (or one person if you have a Briana-sized ice cream appetite).
I changed the name to "Single-Serve Horsetracks Ice Cream" on 12.6.16, but the recipe is the same as always.
- I recommend sweetening this ice cream with THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder, which can be purchased from the Trim Healthy Mama online store.
- Whey Protein Powder
Leave a Reply