This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. If you purchase items through my affiliate links, I receive a small commission but your price doesn't change.
First published 5/26/14. Recipe and pictures updated 10/13/15.
You can find this recipe in my cookbook, Necessary Food.
- 1 cup crushed ice
- ⅓ cup cottage cheese
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½-1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- Rounded ¼ tsp. glucomannan
- 3 doonks THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder (a doonk is 1/32 tsp.)
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- Hearty dash each of vanilla, butter, and caramel extracts
- 2 tsp. butter, melted/softened
- 1½ T Briana's Baking Mix *or* THM Baking Blend
- 1 packet Truvia (3/4 tsp. spoonable Truvia, or the same amount of THM Gentle Sweet)
- Ice Cream:
- Blend ingredients together and pour into a freezer-safe bowl. Add a little more almond milk if necessary to get it to blend (but keep it as thick as you can)
- Mix together the cookie ingredients with a fork and add the cookie crumbs and chopped chocolate to the ice cream mixture. Just dump it on top to firm up before you stir it in.
- Freeze for 40 minutes to an hour, stirring twice within the first 30 minutes for optimum consistency. Serve once the desired texture is reached (alternately, freeze until hard and then defrost in the microwave for 10-20 seconds). This makes one huge serving, or you could easily split it among 2-3 people for dessert.
Briana’s Baking Mix recipe
- I recommend sweetening this ice cream with THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder, which can be purchased from the Trim Healthy Mama online store. There you can also purchase glucomannan, Baking Blend, and protein powder.
- Hershey’s Sugar-Free Syrup (sweetened mostly with erythritol) is my favorite chocolate syrup topping option and it pairs nicely with this ice cream recipe.
- Whey Protein Powder