This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. If you purchase items through my affiliate links, I receive a small commission but your price doesn't change.
When Trim Healthy Mama released a recipe for “Trim Holiday Cookies” in the latest THM e-zine, I got a hankering for sugar cookies. Without the sugar, of course. Here’s a quick and easy sugar cookie for one (since I didn’t feel like making a full batch) that is full of holiday flavors and will fulfill your sugar cookie craving in a healthy way. I like to eat mine dunked in unsweetened almond milk. Mmmm….Merry Christmas, everyone!
This is yet another oat fiber recipe. In fact, unlike usual, I used exclusively oat fiber in this recipe. I love the texture of this sugar cookie and find it to be very authentic, but if you can detect a grittiness that you don’t like (as sometimes happens when using oat fiber on its own), try substituting another low-carb flour for part of the oat fiber (you may need to add more of a different flour because oat fiber soaks up a lot of liquid). For a gluten-free oat fiber source, click here.
*Update 9/19/15* I’ve also tested this recipe with 2 T of my Baking Mix and it works great!
You can find this recipe in my cookbook, Necessary Food.
- 1 T butter, softened/melted
- 1 T sour cream
- 1 T water
- 1 T egg white
- Dash salt
- Dash of vanilla extract
- Dash of almond extract
- 2 doonks THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder (a doonk is 1/32 tsp.)
- 2 T oat fiber (use gluten free if necessary) *or* 2 T Briana's Baking Mix
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- Cinnamon for topping
- Mix all ingredients (except cinnamon) together. Spoon onto a parchment-lined pan (a well-greased pan might work, but your cookie will probably spread out more) and smooth the top. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 10-12 minutes (oat fiber), 8-9 minutes (Baking Mix) or until a toothpick comes out clean and the top is no longer sticky. For best results, let the cookie cool for five minutes before digging in. Dunk in unsweetened almond milk, if desired. Enjoy!
Here’s the recipe for Briana’s Baking Mix.
- Watkin’s Almond Extract
- THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder can be purchased from the Trim Healthy Mama online store.
- Oat Fiber (for a gluten-free option, click here)