This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. If you purchase items through my affiliate links, I receive a small commission but your price doesn't change.
Recipe and pictures updated 9/4/15
Warning: I am a brownie addict.
I’ve tried many “brownie-in-a-bowl” types of recipes in search for the perfect quick, easy, single-serve brownie. I couldn’t find any that pleased me, so I made my own. This brownie is not cake-like; it’s nice and soft thanks to the pumpkin. It’s not eggy, it’s not super calorie-laden, and it’s chocolate. Therefore, it is blissful.
I updated this recipe as of Sept. 4th, 2015 (first published Oct. 17, 2014) using my new Baking Mix and THM Gentle Sweet. This is the perfect combination. I’ve included the old flour measurements in the Notes section of the recipe, but I highly recommend the Baking Mix. It definitely improves the brownie-like gooey texture.
I also have a THM:E (low fat) single-serve brownie here, a full pan allergy friendly brownie recipe here, and Briana’s Ultimate (full pan) Brownie recipe here.
It’s soft, gooey, and warm…everything a brownie should be.
You can snag my “official” pin for this recipe here.
You can find this recipe in my cookbook, Necessary Food.
- 2 T plain canned pumpkin puree
- 2 T egg whites (carton variety works great)
- 1 T butter, softened (coconut oil would probably work as well)
- 1 T water
- Pinch salt
- 1 T cocoa powder
- 1 T Briana's Baking Mix*
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- 2½ - 3 tsp. THM Gentle Sweet
- Stir all ingredients together and microwave in a ceramic dish for 1½ minutes or until mostly set in the middle but still wet on top. Let sit for a few minutes to solidify. Yields one brownie.
You could always bake this at 350 degrees F until it's mostly baked. Take it out when it's still a little gooey in the middle and let it sit for a few minutes to set up.
Click here for Briana’s Baking Mix recipe.
- Hershey Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Oat Fiber (a gluten free product can be purchased from the Trim Healthy Mama online store)
- Golden Flaxmeal
- THM Gentle Sweet and other great products can be purchased from the Trim Healthy Mama online store.
Leave a Reply