This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. If you purchase items through my affiliate links, I receive a small commission but your price doesn't change.
Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are the only way we make chocolate chip cookies at my house. As I’ve said before, our family has this thing with peanut butter. One day, my sister had made the naughty cookies and I was craving one, so I started experimenting with a healthy version. This is it, and I hope to have a full-batch version to post sometime in the near future.
This cookie is best eaten warm…dunk it in some unsweetened almond milk and enjoy!
This cookie makes a great S snack for Trim Healthy Mamas (find out more about the plan here). Alternately, you could use it as dessert, or even breakfast. We don’t really care.
Question for the day (comment below!): have you ever made peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, or are you a traditionalist (aka bo-ring)?
PS – I’ve tested this recipe with my Baking Mix and I LOVE the texture it gives! So soft…
You can find this recipe in my cookbook, Necessary Food.
- 1 egg
- 2 T natural peanut butter
- 1 T sour cream (I used full fat)
- 2 T water
- Dash of maple flavoring
- Hearty dash of salt
- 2 packets of Truvia (1½ tsp., or ¾ tsp. THM Super Sweet Blend)
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- 1½ T Briana's Baking Mix (awesome!) *or* 1 T coconut flour (still pretty awesome)
- Chopped unsweetened baker's chocolate or 85% dark chocolate (or stevia-sweetened chocolate chips, such as Lily's brand) for the top
- Mix all ingredients together and pour onto a greased pan (I used a 9-inch cake pan) in a cookie shape, smoothing the top if necessary. Top with the chocolate. Bake at 350 degrees F for 11-13 minutes or until the top is just dry (less is best - times will vary according to what flour you use). Eat plain or dunk in unsweetened almond milk. This cookie is best warm.
Click here for my Baking Mix recipe.
- Imitation Maple Extract
- THM Super Sweet Blend can be purchased in the Trim Healthy Mama online store.
- Coconut flour
- Sugar-free Chocolate Chips