This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for my affiliate disclosure. If you purchase items through my affiliate links, I receive a small commission but your price doesn't change.
Update: I changed the name to “Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Whiteout” on 12.6.16, but the recipe is the same as before.
As you all well know, I am an ice cream fanatic, and (surprise, surprise) I’m very familiar with Dairy Queen. Unfortunately, Dairy Queen isn’t on my diet. But that’s OK, because I can make my own versions of my favorite DQ treats at home! You know what? On the rare occasion that I stop back at DQ these days for old times’ sake, the ice cream is way too sweet (I am not even kidding right now). Also, I’ve found that my homemade “Blizzards” pack way more flavor punch than their original counterparts, which totally makes sense because I’m using minimally-processed ingredients. This is real food, folks, and I can actually honestly say that I prefer my homemade Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Whiteout to the DQ version I may or may not have tried a year ago.
A very thick, ice-creamy milkshake + peanut butter cookie dough crumbles = awesomesauce.
Could be breakfast, could be dessert, could be lunch…who knows? #dietfood
Want more Dairy Queen mock-ups? Check out these recipes:
You can find this recipe in my cookbook, Necessary Food.
- 1 cup crushed ice
- ⅓ cup cottage cheese
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk (or more, if needed for blending; this will make it thinner)
- ⅛ tsp. glucomannan
- Dash of salt
- Dash of vanilla extract
- 3 doonks THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder (a doonk is 1/32 tsp.)
- 1 T natural peanut butter
- 1 T defatted peanut flour
- ½-1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- Mix together the cookie crumb ingredients and freeze for a few minutes to harden.
- Meanwhile, blend all the shake ingredients together until smooth. Stir in the cookie crumbs and enjoy! Yields one serving.
- Alternately, you could place the blended shake mixture in a bowl in the freezer and freeze for 40-60 minutes, stirring twice within the first half hour. Add the crumbs at the end and stir in by hand, then enjoy as peanut butter cookie dough ice cream.
Briana’s Baking Mix
- Ninja blender – I use the single serve cup from this set to make this blizzard.
- THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder
- Defatted Peanut Flour
- Whey Protein Powder